Kraton Where do I plug the ESC fan in at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeesterC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Sorry for the noob question but I just replaced my stock arrma motor and esc with the mamba 2200kv and esc. The esc has the fan but not sure where to plug it in on the receiver. Tried it in the "b" slot and receiver became glitchy, meaning I would lose signal and car would become unresponsive for a bit. I would be out bashing around and the car would just stop, no throttle or steering, let it sit for a minute and sometimes it would come back, other times I would have to turn the car off then back on. I want to use the fan to keep temps down since it's so hot here in Georgia now but not sure where to plug it in or how to wire it, I do have a castle BEC if that is needed. Thanks for any help or advice.

Is there not a port in the ESC? The Stock ESC fan plugs right into the ESC.

Is there not a port in the ESC? The Stock ESC fan plugs right into the ESC.
True, there is a port in the stock esc but I think you may have missed the part of my post that says I have installed a mamba 2200kv and esc.......lol. If I plug this esc fan into the stock receiver I get weird glitches sometimes. Car won't move, no steering or no response from anything. When I get the no response from anything sindrum I have to turn the car off then back on.

Right, I was asking if there is a port in the new ESC. If there isn't I would have to go on some rc forum and ask everyone there. pretty soon someone will come up with an answer that works.:D Maybe it can run off the balance plug on your batteries, or you need a BEC to store up a little power for those high drain moments.

Right, I was asking if there is a port in the new ESC. If there isn't I would have to go on some rc forum and ask everyone there. pretty soon someone will come up with an answer that works.:D Maybe it can run off the balance plug on your batteries, or you need a BEC to store up a little power for those high drain moments.
Oh, okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. No fan port on the new esc that I have found. Thought I would ask here since I've read that some folks have converted theirs over to the mamba setup. The stock receivers don't leave much lead way for aftermarket add-ons! Have been looking but no luck yet. I'm sure others have the fan working some how.........

Finally found my own answer.........lol. Since the first post of this thread I decided to install the hobbywing c4 motor heatsink fan combo. Wasn't sure if I'd over work the esc or not by running all this thru the receiver so....... I decided to install a Castle BEC set at 5.5v and run both fans, esc and motor, from it. Works great and I think it is less strenuous on the esc itself meaning less draw on it. Now I have the built in BEC in the castle esc set at 6.4v and just run my Savox servo thru the receiver. All is good now and everything works perfectly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back