Raider What should I upgrade now to avoid problems later?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNRaider

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
I'm new to the RC world and to this forum. I got a Raider BLX last week and am loving it so far, however I already broke the left front lower control arm and that caused the shock body to pull out of the cap. I ordered RPM control arm set, I'm wondering what my other first upgrades should be? I also ordered a set of short course truck tires too, the stock tires had zero traction at my local track, tried my friend's sc tires and it made a world of difference!

I'm thinking of ordering STRC shock bodies & caps and I am going to replace the rear ball studs with longer ones and a nut (had one of them pull out three times at the track).

Those plastic caps are definitely an issue (and a mess when they pop off). I have a bunch of STRC parts and they are well made. Haven't done the shocks yet, but they're on the list!

I also changed the nonadjustable plastic tie rods to the steel with rod ends. It tightens up the front end steering quite a bit.

consider using Traxxas 3760 and 3762 shocks. direct fit and there are plenty of full aluminum racing options. Otherwise you can modify the shocks just like i have which has only cost me $8

I stuck some aquarium air tubing, the stiff clear kind, in each wheel axle cup. Leave the diff cups alone. I cut 3-4mm pieces.

I tried fuel tubing. It gives too much. The stiffer you can find the better. I stumbled across the aquarium tubing while buying dog food at walmart :p Works perfectly.

Funny thing is i have that same aquarium tubing. I used it to protect my antennas for my fpv drones haha. Thanks man

After rear ball link popped and caused shock cap to come off last night, I replaced the back shocks on my stepson's Raider XL with the take-offs from my HPI Bullet MT. They were a direct fit other than using the rod ends as I needed the others when I upgraded my Bullet to the Traxxas aluminum big bores. The Bullet springs were just barely noticeably stiffer to the finger squeeze test. But they added just the right stiffness to the buggy. Handles excellent now! I thought it was good other than traction out of the box for the price. But this made it a way better buggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back