Kraton What is your battery set up for your kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock electronics with 16T Pinion and 2x 3s SLS XTRON 5000mAh 40C/80C....fast enough and very reliable

Stock electronics with 16T Pinion and 2x 3s SLS XTRON 5000mAh 40C/80C....fast enough and very reliable

Cool good to hear you had luck with your stock electronics. Mines did not like the 6s set up and would stall out on me hence the castle motor esc combo upgrade.

Cool good to hear you had luck with your stock electronics. Mines did not like the 6s set up and would stall out on me hence the castle motor ESC combo upgrade.

Thank you! The combo I am using is from my typhon and was since day one only used with 6s :)

I am no looking forward to sell 2 of my other cars ( a Stadium Lightning Hot Bodies in really rare condition and a RB E ONE R as a Roller).
With the money I want to buy a Hobbywing EZRUN Max8 Combo, and some new buggy tires and a wing :)

The arrma combo go back in the typhon and the hobbywing in the kraton :)

I'm using two 3S, 4300 mAh, 40c SMC lipos. I'm thinking of buying a higher capacity lipo though, because these ones don't give me much runtime.

Basher 4000mAh 6S 65C Hardcase Pack (HobbyK) POWERRRR :))
Spec.:
Capacity: 4000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2v
Discharge: 65C Constant / 90C Burst
Weight: 604g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 138x47x48mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: HXT4mm

I have a castle creations mamba X ESC and 2200kv castle motor running two 3s turnigy 5000mah 25c lipos on my rig. What is your set up and how does it run?

If you're trying to get 100% out of the setup, I'd go for something that can provide a little more current than that setup. I have two 3s Traxxas 5000 25c and one Pulse 6s 5000 35c and there is a noticeable difference in the two in my BLX Senton. Id like to run 5000 50+c in the future, knowing what I know now. I'm sure with the heavier trucks it would be even more noticeable.

With that being said, just out bashing on a dirt lot or pavement, I have a blast with either one. There hasn't been a single instance where I didn't hit a jump fast enough, or didn't put enough bus lengths on whomever I was racing, with either battery setup ;)

I have two of these:

Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 14.8V 60C Hardcase Pack (AR Warehouse)

Good run time, but never timed it. Be warned - these are long packs, I had to trim the ears off the front of my battery tray to get them to fit.

I also have two of these that I run in series -

Turnigy nano-tech 5600mah 2S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED) (US Warehouse)

They have more punch than the Turnigy batteries. Plus as a 2x2s, I can charge them both on my Prophet Sport Duo at the same time at 1C.
smile.gif

I also have one of these, for the rare occation I feel like breaking something - LOL
TH500065C6S Thor 5000mah 6S 22.2V 65C Lipo Pack

Running two onyx 3s 5400 50c.
On stock electronics. Only had it a couple weeks and everything has been pretty much flawless...Mike

I recently got a 5200 mah, 50C, 5S hard case from RcJuice and after trying it....I will be getting more. The battery is very nice and was reasonably priced. From what I can tell.....RcJuice is a Kraton owner, so he is selling batteries that go well with a modified Kraton. (I don't think you can run one on 5S with a stock ESC). His 5S fits perfectly into the Kraton and also comes with a XT90 soldered on. My Kraton balances perfect with this battery and runs awesome with a 14 tooth pinion. I was running 6S but found 5S to be better with the stock motor. I wanted to balance out the Kraton's weight perfectly also....my 6S was real heavy on one side of the vehicle and I had to run a heatsink and fan that added much more weight.
While filming some jumps, I could see the one side always dropping low with my 6S brick. This new 5S pack from RcJuice balances well in the Kraton. Center of gravity is perfectly balanced with my current configuration. It seems to handle better.....I'm nearly 1 pound lighter running this 5S configuration and Badland/Desperado rims and tires also got me near the 1 pound of weight shed.
My 6S configuration was a tank....it was fine on the road but I didn't like it off road.

Last edited:
I recently got a 5200 mAh, 50C, 5S hard case from RcJuice and after trying it....I will be getting more. The battery is very nice and was reasonably priced. From what I can tell.....RcJuice is a Kraton owner, so he is selling batteries that go well with a modified Kraton. (I don't think you can run one on 5S with a stock ESC). His 5S fits perfectly into the Kraton and also comes with a XT90 soldered on. My Kraton balances perfect with this battery and runs awesome with a 14 tooth pinion. I was running 6S but found 5S to be better with the stock motor. I wanted to balance out the Kraton's weight perfectly also....my 6S was real heavy on one side of the vehicle and I had to run a heatsink and fan that added much more weight.
While filming some jumps, I could see the one side always dropping low with my 6S brick. This new 5S pack from RcJuice balances well in the Kraton. Center of gravity is perfectly balanced with my current configuration. It seems to handle better.....I'm nearly 1 pound lighter running this 5S configuration and Badland/Desperado rims and tires also got me near the 1 pound of weight shed.
My 6S configuration was a tank....it was fine on the road but I didn't like it off road.
I bought the same battery , but for me it doesn't have enough C,my lipo alarm goes off everytime i hit the throttle hard and the battery gets hot.I ordered Smc 5200 70c/140c 4s battery to try.

It should be enough. It is supposed to handle 260 amps continuous 364 burst . It was probably defective to drop voltage that bad.

If my voltage was sagging too much, I would see it on my data logger and address the issue.

It's not so much the brand for me now...its just the fact that I like this thing more on a single hard case 5S battery setup. Rather than doing 2 batteries and soft case batteries.

I like less wire and connectors first of all....and also, the hard case just seems like a smarter decision in this vehicle. Proper C rating is a must and also quality.

Last edited:
It should be enough. It is supposed to handle 260 amps continuous 364 burst . It was probably defective to drop voltage that bad.

If my voltage was sagging too much, I would see it on my data logger and address the issue.

It's not so much the brand for me now...its just the fact that I like this thing more on a single hard case 5S battery setup. Rather than doing 2 batteries and soft case batteries.

I like less wire and connectors first of all....and also, the hard case just seems like a smarter decision in this vehicle. Proper C rating is a must and also quality.
I have a wireless bluetooth lipo alarm,when i hit the throttle all cells droop down to 3.7v under load and it doesn't recover very fast,seems more like a 25c true rating.I'm running the Max8 esc,if i put the punch on 4 the battery really didn't like that,so i run it at 2 which works decent but i know the battery is the limiting factor.I also have some 2s 5200 50c batterys that also suffer,also more like 25c.I run on sand and mostly wfo all the time so that doesn't help.

Kraton V2 -2x 7200mah 70c 11.1v SPC racing & 6S 5000Mah 60c 11.1v Zippys

Nero - 2x 7200mah 70c 11.1v SPC Racing

Senton - 2x 5000mah 60c 2S Zippys & 4S 5000mah 90c Graphene brick from Turnigy.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 74
I have a wireless bluetooth LiPo alarm,when i hit the throttle all cells droop down to 3.7v under load and it doesn't recover very fast,seems more like a 25c true rating.I'm running the Max8 esc,if i put the punch on 4 the battery really didn't like that,so i run it at 2 which works decent but i know the battery is the limiting factor.I also have some 2s 5200 50c batterys that also suffer,also more like 25c.I run on sand and mostly wfo all the time so that doesn't help.

I didn't have that issue, I got lucky for once. :)....the vehicle runs in sand and wide open also.. I run the castle MMX and see all normal readings and temps....I've seen some bad info come across from other batteries and configurations. I've had that happen with new batteries before. Some brands are just low QC and you get the crappy pack once in a while. I got some from my local shop that were no good off the shelf, I just returned them. I hear great things about SMC...that's like the go to place for reasonably priced Lipo's now. They were out of stock when I went there looking. :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back