What did you do to your RC today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been awile just wanted to show off my truck again.
1445230070885868661484.jpg
14452301187041984683955.jpg
upgrades
120a hobbywing esc stock settings

Rocket racing 3800kv 9t 4pole brushless 550 size integey heatsink and custom fan

3s venom 4000mah lipo

Castle bec

Tatic high torque servo

60wt shock oil (getting traxxas shock caps soon)

Everything else is stock. Figured i would show my bus off because i have been driving this thing HARD on and off road 25 foot jumps and wheelies all day. Only issues are heat when offroad with trenchers after 15min. And steering when on loose dirt.

Mainly been spending my time building a HUGE rc park with a few others. Check it out

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/event-coverage-2015-rc-freaks-springdale-park-bash/

Gonna be getting into 5th scale gas soon but untill then im gonna keep furthuring my start into the hobby

Attachments

• 1445230978433-187901724.jpg
    1445230978433-187901724.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 39
Today, I installed a 100amp wp-s8a esc into my granite blx and put the 120amp in my 1/8 acme dominator. The 100a super esc is almost as wide as the granite chassis!

Aviary Photo_131014415340444891.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday; stripping out my first servo, then ordering a Tactic that afternoon.
Thanks again @BFH !

20160302_153431.jpg

I was comparing my hotboddies lightning truggy pro to my talion
I think the a arms on my lightning is stronger than the talion

aluminum is going to be more rigid and "stronger" in some instance but keep in mind if your a-arms are not going to break then you need to follow the stress up to the next weak point and that's going to be your most likely break spot, if your going to bash your vehicles but want something that won't break easy it's actually better to create an intentional weak spot so you know that when something breaks its most likely going to be "part a". A-arms are a better thing to break then say a front bulkhead, shock, or shock tower. of course there is also the inherit risk that you may bend the aluminum and still break the bulkhead. Lastly keep in mind that every material has elasticity also know as memory or the ability to return to it's original shape what this means in simple terms is a plastic piece has an easier time flexing then returning to it's original state.

Don't mean to drag this off topic too much but just keep in mind on those a-arms. I'm just putting this out there from my own experience on busting a-arms on my vehicles I decided it was cheaper to replace an a-arm in most cases then the chassis and front bulkhead when I hit a tree wrong.

aluminum is going to be more rigid and "stronger" in some instance but keep in mind if your a-arms are not going to break then you need to follow the stress up to the next weak point and that's going to be your most likely break spot, if your going to bash your vehicles but want something that won't break easy it's actually better to create an intentional weak spot so you know that when something breaks its most likely going to be "part a". A-arms are a better thing to break then say a front bulkhead, shock, or shock tower. of course there is also the inherit risk that you may bend the aluminum and still break the bulkhead. Lastly keep in mind that every material has elasticity also know as memory or the ability to return to it's original shape what this means in simple terms is a plastic piece has an easier time flexing then returning to it's original state.

Don't mean to drag this off topic too much but just keep in mind on those a-arms. I'm just putting this out there from my own experience on busting a-arms on my vehicles I decided it was cheaper to replace an a-arm in most cases then the chassis and front bulkhead when I hit a tree wrong.

You have a good point
Youre right its much cheaper to repplace an arm than those bulkheads not to mentioned more hard work to get in to

It's only Monday, but so far I've run it up and down the street, did some cartwheels on an ill advised turn into the driveway, and chased the dogs around the backyard for a little bit with it.

add balloons to my shocks lol

and bought some cheap china tires off ebay $19 for 4 tires (need to be glued) but mounted here is what they look like...
s-l500.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back