What did you do to your RC today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard they were 3mm too long for most Arrma trucks!?

Thats what it says on paper the stock are 80mm and the hpi are 83mm but in real life it seems more like a fraction of the 3mm difference. The stock ones now seem too short after this mod. They fit better and a bit farther down the axel and outdrive cups. You will still want some slivers of nitro tubing to hold um in

Thats what it says on paper the stock are 80mm and the hpi are 83mm but in real life it seems more like a fraction of the 3mm difference. The stock ones now seem too short after this mod. They fit better and a bit farther down the axel and outdrive cups. You will still want some slivers of nitro tubing to hold um in

I've found that having a little wiggle room, is a good thing because, when the shock compresses it doesn't jam the dogbone into the rear hub carrier, causing the ballstud to rip out of hub carrier. This has happened to me a few times, when I had shock mounted in outer hole on a arm, I now use the inner shock hole.

@Darren Wes, glad your happy with the dogbones. Did you receive your blx transmission gears yet?

I trashed another quadcopter today, the cost of repairs aren't worth fixing it so now that I know flying aint my thing Im going to scavage the camera off of it and mount it on the front of my Granite so I can take video and pics while Im bashing, keep an eye out when I get it done I will post the results and hopefully some cool video.

I spent more time upside down than on my wheels...such a frustrating day! :p

Too much grip with the Louise tyres and you need my mad scientist suspension modifications - Keeper springs (like used on coilovers in real cars!) instead of preload clips and 500 oil. Your camber and toe etc aren't that different to mine.

I installed the HPI 83mm dog bones to my granite mega, replacing the ear plugs I had in there before. Seems to be a successful replacement so far to avoid them falling out all that time.

Scored a second hand set of Louise Pioneer tyres. the difference in traction on grass/turf to the standard tyres is incredible.

2015-09-01 07.44.37.jpg

Had the granite out today!
WP_20150912_11_55_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20150912_11_59_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20150912_11_57_00_Pro.jpg

Only carnage, the turnigy 1501mg servo went out on me. Looks like I'll be ordering a power hd 1501mg servo, from value hobby.
I'm beginning to think that running on 3s all the time, might be causing my servo problems? Funny thing is, the servo isn't locked up. Might take it apart and see what went wrong.

Update: Took servo apart and circuit boards have no burn marks, and gears seem to have all teeth but, motor smells burnt. May try a motor from a old servo, that has a burnt circuit board in it. Try and salvage turnigy servo for a servo winch. :)

Last edited:
Nice! I like to be there bashing with you looks like you have a nice area to run

Thanks!
And yes, having someone to bash with would be awesome! I have three boys but, there are alot of obstacles that would make my rc's meet their end, if I turned the boys loose with them! :D I do guide their hands and let them drive the rc's. I'm slowly attempting to teach them and myself, throttle control. :) Now that it is fall time, I'll be taking my boys and rc's to park, where I can turn them somewhat loose with rc's in wide open spaces.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back