What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I picked up the dual bevel version of that saw this past fall and have been loving it. I was a trim newb before getting it and it took me no time at all to start getting some awesome results. Check out the family handyman website if you are still honing your craft, it has a ton of useful info.

View attachment 8913

Been subscribing to Family Handyman for years. Love coming home to a new issue on the kitchen table!!

Say "hello" to my little friend...
Never heard that before?
My Redcat Terremoto 10.
IMG_2876.jpg
terr01.JPG

Never heard that before?
My Redcat Terremoto 10.
IMG_2876.jpg
terr01.JPG

Here She is next to the Vorteks for some context:
IMG_2889.JPG

Never heard that before?
My Redcat Terremoto 10.View attachment 9013 View attachment 9014

Here She is next to the Vorteks for some context:
View attachment 9015
Pretty tough truck ya have there. I beat the crap out of mine on 3S and only snapped an axel pin so far. Also took a lot of slop out of the steering. There's a video on YT how this is done, so I made my own part and it's better now.

Pretty tough truck ya have there. I beat the crap out of mine on 3S and only snapped an axel pin so far. Also took a lot of slop out of the steering. There's a video on YT how this is done, so I made my own part and it's better now.
Thx for the encouragement and the tip.
On FB I'm getting some haters sayin' how bad Redcat is.
Would have the YT link?
I'm figuring the servo has cheap plastic gears and was planning on repacing it with the Tactic TSX-40, same one I put in my Vorteks and Blackout, sucker really takes a beating and keeps steering.

I hate internet thugs... of course it's not the best brand out there but the ones my Son and I have hold up to our backyard abuse. His servo stripped but I have plenty of spares for 1/10th scale so it was no big deal for me.
This guy talks a lot but you get an idea how to fix the steering slop if yours has a lot of play.

It's okay if you do, we won't hold it against you. :D Plus it's another site I run. ;)
I thought the format looked familiar... You are one busy man WoodiE!!! But this is where I want to be. I don't even visit R/C Universe anymore and I've been a member there for years.

I hate internet thugs... of course it's not the best brand out there but the ones my Son and I have hold up to our backyard abuse. His servo stripped but I have plenty of spares for 1/10th scale so it was no big deal for me.
This guy talks a lot but you get an idea how to fix the steering slop if yours has a lot of play.
Sheesh! He does get windy! And thx!
So, in my world of simple bullet points; put an adjustable tie-rod between the 2 points, then hit the trigger on the Tx.

Sheesh! He does get windy! And thx!
So, in my world of simple bullet points; put an adjustable tie-rod between the 2 points, then hit the trigger on the Tx.
Yes, basically it ties the bottom of the steering rack together. You just have to make sure it clears the front shaft.

I bought a ticket to a local fire department's gun raffle a week or two ago and got a call from my buddy last night that I won a gun! First time in 25 years of buying tickets that I've ever won. That was a nice Easter present.

I bought a ticket to a local fire department's gun raffle a week or two ago and got a call from my buddy last night that I won a gun! First time in 25 years of buying tickets that I've ever won. That was a nice Easter present.
NICE, Congrats... Guns are fun..

Ordered the Nero w/Diff Brain for my son yesterday! Tower has them on sale for $450 and another $60 off with member coupon, I think that's a hell of a truck for $390. He's had a Rustler for years, so this will be quite a change for him. Can't wait for our next RC group gathering this Saturday, I'm sure lots of Ooo's and Aaah's over the new eye candy!

Ordered the Nero w/Diff Brain for my son yesterday! Tower has them on sale for $450 and another $60 off with member coupon, I think that's a hell of a truck for $390. He's had a Rustler for years, so this will be quite a change for him. Can't wait for our next RC group gathering this Saturday, I'm sure lots of Ooo's and Aaah's over the new eye candy!

Congrats! It's a great truck and that's a fantastic price. If I didn't have my money going so many other places right now I would probably pick up a second one

Back