Weakest body in the world???? Granite Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey up...

Took the granite out with my boy for it's first proper bash today... Was good fun and just what he needed but the body is extremely weak. It was very cold which doesn't help but one landing on the roof at slow speed from probably 2 ft saw the whole lot crack to bits! Not clever.

Looking at the body I can see 2 main issues in design; It is made of extremely thin cheap plastic, and there is no support what soever for this extremely week body in the middle / cab section..

Here in the UK we cannot get any Arrma replacement bodies anyway so I shall pick something else suitable..

Just wondering what others have done with respects to supporting the middle or what other bodies folk are running?..

TIA

Is it thin for Arrma standards, or similiar to most other r/c bodies? I found my traxxas slash to be very fragile, as well as older axial bodies. My outcast has the toughest body of any r/c I've owned so far, but it still cracked after my first bash session with lots of roof landings.

Is it thin for Arrma standards, or similiar to most other r/c bodies? I found my traxxas slash to be very fragile, as well as older axial bodies. My outcast has the toughest body of any r/c I've owned so far, but it still cracked after my first bash session with lots of roof landings.

I don't really have comparative models, my others are hard bodies, exoskeletal or crawlers so hard to say. But it is certainly very thin - like paper compared to the outcast plastic. As you, my Outcast body has got to be the toughest i've ever had - other than maybe exoskeletal abs bodied cars (yeti), it's certainly well mullered but still together :).

My boy has picked a stampede body now, I expect this to be quite thin - so i will report on this. I'll also give it full reinforcement before we go out (fibreglass tape and goo). And look for a way of offering support to the middle / cab area...

If anyone else has any suggestions i'd be interested to hear.

Hey up...

Took the granite out with my boy for it's first proper bash today... Was good fun and just what he needed but the body is extremely weak. It was very cold which doesn't help but one landing on the roof at slow speed from probably 2 ft saw the whole lot crack to bits! Not clever.

Looking at the body I can see 2 main issues in design; It is made of extremely thin cheap plastic, and there is no support what soever for this extremely week body in the middle / cab section..
Rubber tape or gorilla tape

Here in the UK we cannot get any Arrma replacement bodies anyway so I shall pick something else suitable..

Just wondering what others have done with respects to supporting the middle or what other bodies folk are running?..

TIA

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 45
^^ I do something similar, but with drywall tape down first then a clear silicone applied all over the body, stops cracks in there tracks and allows some flexing of the body.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!.. The original post was 2017!

Thanks for your input chaps, always useful for others threads like these.

My boy still has the stampede body on his granite though it is now starting to show signs of wear as he is jumping much larger - intact larger than the base model granite can cope with :).

I have to agree that the outcast body with that roll hoop and support under has got too be the toughest I've had yet.My original one is pretty killed but still amazingly in one piece - ish!.

As to increasing strength on bodies I have now used a combination of strategies dependant upon how much I can be arsed versus body type or damage:

1. Cricket bat tape - basically a fibreglass reinforced sticky tape - this is pretty easy to do and lasts pretty long.
2. drywall and shoe goo in certain areas.
3. drywall and hot glue in certain areas.

I have wondered about the silicone idea, may try that sometime as it is very flexible but sticky .

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back