Senton WARNING to all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1457302315314.jpg
Good to hear you're getting a senton, they're a blast and can really take a beating! I'd keep a close eye on your car when running anything under a 35c. Arrma recommends at minimum a 35c. When I ran the 25c lipos I was bashing hard jumping and wide open throttle runs. The senton is one heck of a beast on 6c's and I do mean a beast. 6c's have cost me two sets of tires, fronts and rears twice after a few runs on the asphalt just seeing what it can do. It will lay black marks from the tires.......lol.
I love running the Horizon Hobbies "TRIGGERS" because they look pretty close to the Pro-Line Racing Badlands. With the exception of only costing $17.99 a pair. They are pretty slippery on the asphalt, but they are cheap and a total blast!!! ;)

I was looking for a Traxxas brand name swap. Found Arrma for my Summit/E-Revo fix, hence the two Nero's. I was thinking about the first generation Senton and after seeing a few dead esc's come in at my L.H.S. I was a little paranoid about trying Arrma out. Now Arrma is all I'm waiting to buy, for one thing they still alow the use of coupons on Tower Hobbies. Unlike Traxxas/Axial... I'm going to spend the same amount of money using the coupon, I just like the idea of getting a down payment on all the accessories!!! So I've sold all my Traxxas and Axial rc's with the exception of on Rusty that I just turned into a Slash. I am loving the Arrma brand name swap!!!!! ;)

View attachment 9530
I love running the Horizon Hobbies "TRIGGERS" because they look pretty close to the Pro-Line Racing Badlands. With the exception of only costing $17.99 a pair. They are pretty slippery on the asphalt, but they are cheap and a total blast!!! ;)

I was looking for a Traxxas brand name swap. Found Arrma for my Summit/E-Revo fix, hence the two Nero's. I was thinking about the first generation Senton and after seeing a few dead esc's come in at my L.H.S. I was a little paranoid about trying Arrma out. Now Arrma is all I'm waiting to buy, for one thing they still alow the use of coupons on Tower Hobbies. Unlike Traxxas/Axial... I'm going to spend the same amount of money using the coupon, I just like the idea of getting a down payment on all the accessories!!! So I've sold all my Traxxas and Axial rc's with the exception of on Rusty that I just turned into a Slash. I am loving the Arrma brand name swap!!!!! ;)
I found some buggy wheels and tires on amazon for $30 shipped that look like badlands and almost perform as well but are slippery on wet asphalt but grip pretty dang good when its dry. Yeah, I have my old trusty rusty that is now bullet proof from my learning and jumping into the lipo batteries.....lol, I'll never sell it! I do love the senton because I can bash the crap out of it and it always comes back for more. Had I bought this at first it would be my one and only......lol. Arrma seems to have learned a valuable lesson and producing some really nice cars at fair prices compared to traxxas and a few others, plus you can't go wrong with the two year warranty on the electronics. That in its self is worth a lot to me.

I found some buggy wheels and tires on amazon for $30 shipped that look like badlands and almost perform as well but are slippery on wet asphalt but grip pretty dang good when its dry. Yeah, I have my old trusty rusty that is now bullet proof from my learning and jumping into the lipo batteries.....lol, I'll never sell it! I do love the senton because I can bash the crap out of it and it always comes back for more. Had I bought this at first it would be my one and only......lol. Arrma seems to have learned a valuable lesson and producing some really nice cars at fair prices compared to traxxas and a few others, plus you can't go wrong with the two year warranty on the electronics. That in its self is worth a lot to me.
The one thing I like most about Traxxas is that if I should happen to kill my Velineon esc, it's only going to cost me $65 for the replacement. Well and the parts are hanging on the wall ;) So if I decide to tear up the skate park. I know 99% of the time I'm up and running in a couple of hours. Arrma is pretty impressive, I was a little afraid of the esc problems in the beginning. then after they brought out the second generation Senton, I really started looking into the brand name. I was really going to buy some Trencher X tires and when I stopped off at my L.H.S. I ordered the Fazon... So the X tires are on hold for a little while now...

The one thing I like most about Traxxas is that if I should happen to kill my Velineon esc, it's only going to cost me $65 for the replacement. Well and the parts are hanging on the wall ;) So if I decide to tear up the skate park. I know 99% of the time I'm up and running in a couple of hours. Arrma is pretty impressive, I was a little afraid of the esc problems in the beginning. then after they brought out the second generation Senton, I really started looking into the brand name. I was really going to buy some Trencher X tires and when I stopped off at my L.H.S. I ordered the Fazon... So the X tires are on hold for a little while now...
You're gonna love the fazon! When I went to my LHS they were sold out so I went with the senton and haven't regretted it. I do know that where I'm at 6s is just to much for the dirt, grass and other stuff. It is a blast to see the huge rooster tails though but it sure heats up the motor.......lol. I love my little rusty because of the cheap fixes also and my LHS usually has whatever I need in stock. I did however hit a steel picnic table at a local park with the senton running 6s wide open, moved the table about 4 inches or so and only broke a lower control arm. It was unbelievable, had I done that with my rustler it would have been toast.......

Well, finally got my senton all back together with a new body. The body part was the hardest decision because I was wanting something different than a SC truck body. I think it looks pretty cool now and all the kids love it. Was gonna go Herbie style but went with what I had.......

Attachments

• 20170422_135700.jpg
    20170422_135700.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20170422_135724.jpg
    20170422_135724.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 34
Try the HPI 103337 belted Maxxis tires on DE racing wheels. We have a few 6s short course rigs that just love them on the pavement
I'm not much of a blacktop runner. Asphalt costs money, learned that the hard way with my rustler, every time I took it out in a parking lot I broke something, guaranteed....... Lol. Have heard good things about those tires and watched some videos on them. I'm more of a dirt, mud and grass guy......lol. Love seeing the dirt fly and the massive dust clouds.

You're gonna love the fazon! When I went to my LHS they were sold out so I went with the senton and haven't regretted it. I do know that where I'm at 6s is just to much for the dirt, grass and other stuff. It is a blast to see the huge rooster tails though but it sure heats up the motor.......lol. I love my little rusty because of the cheap fixes also and my LHS usually has whatever I need in stock. I did however hit a steel picnic table at a local park with the senton running 6s wide open, moved the table about 4 inches or so and only broke a lower control arm. It was unbelievable, had I done that with my rustler it would have been toast.......

Well, finally got my senton all back together with a new body. The body part was the hardest decision because I was wanting something different than a SC truck body. I think it looks pretty cool now and all the kids love it. Was gonna go Herbie style but went with what I had.......
Looks wicked. If you do decide to do Herbie there's an eBay seller in Canada that sells 10th scale decals for Herbie

That's a great idea. Keep me posted on how the plastidip holds up. I was going to use some of that on my 07 FJ Cruiser.
I've already done several bodies like that and it holds up better than the paint in my personal opinion. If it scratches or peels I just touch it up with a q-tip or just spray it some, works great. I think its pretty cool to be able to change colors when I want, cuts down on having to buy several bodies if you know what I mean.......lol. Plus sometimes I just get bored with a color or have a wild idea I'd like to try, if its a flop then I just peel it out and start over. Hard to beat several paint jobs from one $10 can verses one paint job from a $10 can of paint from my LHS.....

Try some tires with more rotating mass. My Senton does backflips with Duratrax lockups on it. They're nice thick rubber giving it better handling when the tires are off the ground.
Well, I got the senton where it jumps perfectly now. Took your advise on the tire situation and put 3.8 badlands on it, works great. Also used 40w oil in front shocks and 60w in the rears. Couldn't be any happier now with it. Jumps perfect, no bottoming out on landings and can drive it anywhere now.......lol

Attachments

• 20170428_192903.jpg
    20170428_192903.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 48
Well, I got the senton where it jumps perfectly now. Took your advise on the tire situation and put 3.8 badlands on it, works great. Also used 40w oil in front shocks and 60w in the rears. Couldn't be any happier now with it. Jumps perfect, no bottoming out on landings and can drive it anywhere now.......lol
That's awesome. Looks good too. Bash on my friend

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back