Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Voltage hobbies vs Hot racing

Discussion in 'Voltage Hobbies' started by Jaycas, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Jaycas

Jaycas Active Member

Hey guys. So I recently bought a Voltage hobbies servo mount for my Kraton and a Hot racing mount for my Typhon. Well I just wanted to compare the two. Now the main difference between the two is obviously the CNC machining with the Voltage mount being made out of aircraft aluminum and the hot racing made from scrap aluminum I'd have to think being it's from China... Now this is my opinion.

As for the Voltage hobbies mount nothing really comes close to the quality and durability. The hot racing mount does do the job but I personally didn't like the mount Bc it was poorly made. I tested both for about a month. Both worked fine but every time I drove my Typhon with the HR mount I just didn't have the confidence or piece of mind towards it. Where with the Voltage mount and the thickness of the plate I can bash it a lot more.

All I gotta say. Voltage hobbies has great products and always look forward to more parts being made. As long as I own Arrma I will always choose them! Thanks guys. Sorry for my post being a bit long.

Attached Files:

mydogcouldeatyou likes this.
  2. Jaycas

Jaycas Active Member

Forgot to mention that the Voltage hobbies mount is a older generation. The ones posted are the website are revised and seems to be changed up slightly.

3. Mikuri

Mikuri Well-Known Member

Does the high from HR mount needs extra adjustement to fit? Or is it replace'n'play?

4. Voltron7

Voltron7 Supporting Member!
    Supporting Member

I have the voltage hobby mount I got to replace the stock one. It's great, I guess? (I mean, it has not broken yet.)
    So, I have to ask, what kind of problems are people seeing from the HR mount, other than maybe it's cheaply made? Are folks really breaking/bending either of these metal mounts? If so, how did it happen? Just curious what I'm missing here...
    Thanks!

5. Bri26

Bri26 Well-Known Member

I went with the HR mount on my Senton since I think it is just a little lighter. The HR mount came with all the screws/hardware to mount the servo and it works great in eliminating the flex of the stock plastic servo mount.

Best regards,
    Brian

mydogcouldeatyou and Voltron7 like this.
  6. mydogcouldeatyou

mydogcouldeatyou Well-Known Member

Did you people use the rubber pieces the go over the screw holes on the mount? I don't think I did. Does it matter?

7. Voltron7

Voltron7 Supporting Member!
    Supporting Member

My understanding is that those are only needed with plastic/stock mount...might be wrong, of course.

8. mydogcouldeatyou

mydogcouldeatyou Well-Known Member

Thanks. The only problem iv had so far is the servo saver backing down and won't turn. I am scared to loctite it

jk420 likes this.
  9. jk420

jk420 Well-Known Member

Maybe try plumbers tape? Should only allow it to move down so far and easy to remove or adjust if need be.

10. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member
    ArrmaForum Fan

Do you mean the rubber grommets that come with servos? I think those are mostly for Nitro models, as vibration isolation. Not really needed for electric.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voltage hobbies

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer