Voltage hobbies vs Hot racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaycas

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Hey guys. So I recently bought a Voltage hobbies servo mount for my Kraton and a Hot racing mount for my Typhon. Well I just wanted to compare the two. Now the main difference between the two is obviously the CNC machining with the Voltage mount being made out of aircraft aluminum and the hot racing made from scrap aluminum I'd have to think being it's from China... Now this is my opinion.

As for the Voltage hobbies mount nothing really comes close to the quality and durability. The hot racing mount does do the job but I personally didn't like the mount Bc it was poorly made. I tested both for about a month. Both worked fine but every time I drove my Typhon with the HR mount I just didn't have the confidence or piece of mind towards it. Where with the Voltage mount and the thickness of the plate I can bash it a lot more.

All I gotta say. Voltage hobbies has great products and always look forward to more parts being made. As long as I own Arrma I will always choose them! Thanks guys. Sorry for my post being a bit long.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 176
Hey guys. So I recently bought a Voltage hobbies servo mount for my kraton and a Hot racing mount for my typhon. Well I just wanted to compare the two. Now the main difference between the two is obviously the CNC machining with the Voltage mount being made out of aircraft aluminum and the hot racing made from scrap aluminum I'd have to think being it's from China... Now this is my opinion. As for the Voltage hobbies mount nothing really comes close to the quality and durablility. The hot racing mount does do the job but I personally didn't like the mount Bc it was poorly made. I tested both for about a month. Both worked fine but everytime I drove my typhon with the HR mount I just didn't have the confidence or piece of mind towards it. Where with the Voltage mount and the thickness of the plate I can bash it a lot more. All I gotta say. Voltage hobbies has great products and always look forward to more parts being made. As long as I own Arrma I will always choose them! Thanks guys. Sorry for my post being a bit long.
Forgot to mention that the Voltage hobbies mount is a older generation. The ones posted are the website are revised and seems to be changed up slightly.

Does the high from HR mount needs extra adjustement to fit? Or is it replace'n'play?

I have the voltage hobby mount I got to replace the stock one. It's great, I guess? (I mean, it has not broken yet.)
So, I have to ask, what kind of problems are people seeing from the HR mount, other than maybe it's cheaply made? Are folks really breaking/bending either of these metal mounts? If so, how did it happen? Just curious what I'm missing here...
Thanks!

I went with the HR mount on my Senton since I think it is just a little lighter. The HR mount came with all the screws/hardware to mount the servo and it works great in eliminating the flex of the stock plastic servo mount.

Best regards,
Brian

Did you people use the rubber pieces the go over the screw holes on the mount? I don't think I did. Does it matter?

Did you people use the rubber pieces the go over the screw holes on the mount? I don't think I did. Does it matter?

Do you mean the rubber grommets that come with servos? I think those are mostly for Nitro models, as vibration isolation. Not really needed for electric.

They say they help the servo soak up all the chassis slapping hard hits. That’s why the servo has to have a gap between the chassis. Don’t know important it is to the life of the servo

Hey guys. So I recently bought a Voltage hobbies servo mount for my Kraton and a Hot racing mount for my Typhon. Well I just wanted to compare the two. Now the main difference between the two is obviously the CNC machining with the Voltage mount being made out of aircraft aluminum and the hot racing made from scrap aluminum I'd have to think being it's from China... Now this is my opinion.

As for the Voltage hobbies mount nothing really comes close to the quality and durability. The hot racing mount does do the job but I personally didn't like the mount Bc it was poorly made. I tested both for about a month. Both worked fine but every time I drove my Typhon with the HR mount I just didn't have the confidence or piece of mind towards it. Where with the Voltage mount and the thickness of the plate I can bash it a lot more.

All I gotta say. Voltage hobbies has great products and always look forward to more parts being made. As long as I own Arrma I will always thicker. Have to get somethem! Thanks guys. Sorry for my post being a bit long.
Voltage looks thicker. Need some parts for my Talion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back