Typhon ARRMA Siren 6s BLX 1/10th 4wd truck By TpParts RcXtreme

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been ages sonce last post..mostly on social medias..do ma best to get back on site here...latest body for the Siren 6s

Attachments

• 17-11-23-22-01-18-433_deco.jpg
    17-11-23-22-01-18-433_deco.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 66
@Thomas P Did you change the gearing at all on the Siren? What pinion ended up working best?

@Thomas P Did you change the gearing at all on the Siren? What pinion ended up working best?
TooTall, what happened? Did Thomas "P" on your tire, or was that an accident from watching all his extreme driving videos LOL. Thomas, hopefully soon we see some new xtreme videos with your 2018 Talion & Kraton, once the weather improves there. I always look forward to your driving videos. Anyone who is an Arrma fan, or not, you MUST check out Tp-Parts-Rc-Xtreme Arrma RC videos, if you haven't already.

Last edited:
20180123_101009.jpg

Still at work, hope hope for a session..evwn if its just 1 min..the 2.8"SandPaws are great..next up is Mashers..couldnt get ma hands on MX28s..downside they all are app 100@ for a complete set..

A Q: anyone interested of me filming while talk about the Siren how i did etc?

A video overview would be great, especially since I have parts come this week so I can build one. The typhon roller already arrived just waiting on a couple other parts and some time and I'm hoping to have a Siren myself.

I've been trying to get my hands on some 2.8 SandPaws but they're on backorder everywhere, so I settled for eBay. I have the new set of Badlands from my Pro-MT 4x4. They only go for $70 a set over here :rolleyes: I'm going to tune the diffs for performance so the 2.8s can survive the blx200. I'm pretty much done fooling around with her.

On a more serious note, all my cars can at least hit 60 mph. The Granite 4x4 6S hit 62 mph so I'm happy with it. As for the Siren, I love her so I'm not taking any chances . . .

0123181852a_HDR.jpg

I lowered the body a full 1-1/2" (it's sitting on the shock towers :p), slammed it to the ground, removed the hex extenders, added G-locs, & adjusted the front bumper. Now lets see this baby fly :eek:

I also have some bodies on the way so I can doll her up :D

I got it to hit 74 mph with a 20t pinion, on par with my Typhon. I managed to patch up the mx28s because I don't feel like breaking in the new set yet. I also went 100k, 1 mil, 10k for the diff oil. 100k seemed a bit high, but it seriously pushes in turns & full powers out w/o wheeling. I can still make it stand & roll backflips on command. It's the same combo I run in my Outcast, but nothing will keep those mx38s on the ground :rolleyes:

Now I just got to get in bodies in & painted.

New Body & 8S :eek:

0206181617_Burst01.jpg
0206181618a_HDR.jpg
0206181620_HDR.jpg
0206181620a_HDR.jpg

Castle XLX & X-Maxx 1275kv Motor. Wheels are Kraton chrome rims with crappy truggy tires. They won't survive 8S :rolleyes: The 4S batteries just fit in the tray.

I don't think I can fit a larger system in this beast :p

The Siren's Call

I finally got around to fabbing a complete tower to tower brace. I used 6061 aluminum since It was right down the street at Home Depot & I would rather save my plate of 7075 for another project. I already tried my hand at carbon fiber, making the front shock tower & never attempting the rear because of it :p

CF does look awesome though: https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/markhor-rc-designs-goodies.2206/
I may have to get some of these for my Typhon & Outcast :D

0304181827_HDR.jpg
0304181827a_HDR.jpg
0304181828_HDR.jpg
0304181828a_HDR.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back