Talion Upgrading my Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run my talion on 6s 40c discharge and its good fun. If your going to use 6s you will need a wheelie bar to keep your wing looking pretty.
An upgrade i would recomend from experience is the hot racing aluminium diff housing. Just for the centre diff, i got a rock caught between the housing and chassis and almost wore right through the plastic!

I run my talion on 6s 40c discharge and its good fun. If your going to use 6s you will need a wheelie bar to keep your wing looking pretty.
An upgrade i would recomend from experience is the hot racing aluminium diff housing. Just for the centre diff, i got a rock caught between the housing and chassis and almost wore right through the plastic!

Jim93 what brand battery you run an how you mounted in battery tray. Post pic,easy.

1488073891775-227867095.jpg

There it is, should mention the heat shrink around the esc wires is to keep them away from the spinning parts. Iv had a battery wire caught up under the dogbone and fried the battery..
The brand is model rc they are cheap here in Australia. Hard case 4000mah 40-80c
Iv also got a hobbywing max 8 esc 100% better than the red one that comes with the truck.

View attachment 8209

There it is, should mention the heat shrink around the esc wires is to keep them away from the spinning parts. Iv had a battery wire caught up under the dogbone and fried the battery..
The brand is model rc they are cheap here in Australia. Hard case 4000mah 40-80c
Iv also got a hobbywing max 8 esc 100% better than the red one that comes with the truck.

Do you have a link for the batteries?

Thanks

I just got them on ebay sorry don't knkw how to copy a link from the app..

Heat shrink tube is good, always on the look out for tricks.

By the way,how are those tires on 6s. View attachment 8211

They are ok still balloon and im regluing them in places pretty regularly, think ill try find some beadlock wheels/tryes.

I purchased 3 aluminum diff housing from HR,cause I am going 6S. Am I going overboard, I figured all 3 to keep balance threw out drive train. Into fast more then jumping. I am not wealthy person, hoping I'm not wasting money.

O boy, now got some power to try an son of a gun here comes snow an salt. O well got those aluminum diff's to install anyway when they get here,an shims too.the batteries fit really well.An have little room for foam on an end.chated with guy online an he sent them quick.like throwing in a v-eight.
IMG_20170228_155212393.jpg

Things are ramping up an so am I,come on spring. these packs fit nice.3S , probably only use 3/4 throttle to start. LOL
IMG_20170228_163757204.jpg

IMG_20170321_154533225.jpg
Iam ready to rumble when I get the chance, check these wheels dudes. Seen these on tower hobby site,they were on Hoboa hyper SS. Love the black dish look,went to hoboa site an order a set. Fit great. Got white Durango wing coming to change up the look,from upgrade page.well show that when I can .
IMG_20170321_154533225.jpg
IMG_20170321_163155611.jpg

Getting to my diffs finally,going to check fluid an shim. Still haven't run my talion yet,due to up an down winter weather.open center diff an glad I did.not much lube in here.
IMG_20170323_174517872.jpg

The diffs are filled up to the cross hairs (pins), at least thats how I have done on all of mine and so far never had problems.

Looking good, checking this thread for upgrades, so I can follow up on mine.

IMG_20170323_204426486.jpg
Have noticed stock diff housing is a bushing pressed an or glued into plastic housing.HR diff housing one solid piece. Could be stronger and or take more heat? Assume yourself

Last edited:
While switching to HR diff cups I put side pads that hold spider gears in rounded side up. Don't do this, when you finish assembly gears well feel like they are binding. Took me a while to figure out my mistake,put them together an apart 6 times.

Wow, while I got motor out thought now be a good time to change pinion. So you all know,it was surgery. Took a torch to heat gear,was loctited on shaft. Set screw had to be heated too.

Its extraordinary how a few mm off a piece can be, and creates havoc.
Good attention to detail, and for sharing your findings, will keep an eye when servicing mine as they are way too light.

I am having a blast with my new Talion, ordered front and rear bumper. The only thing that broke is the stock motor pinion, it shred two of its teeth. In the next few days put heavier oil, the front tires are getting loose way too quickly when coming out of turns.

What tire wheel combo is that?

Was it easy to swap the plastic to cnc center diff tower?

Good attention to detail, and for sharing your findings, will keep an eye when servicing mine as they are way too light.

I am having a blast with my new Talion, ordered front and rear bumper. The only thing that broke is the stock motor pinion, it shred two of its teeth. In the next few days put heavier oil, the front tires are getting loose way too quickly when coming out of turns.

Screws in aluminum are loctited,be warned. Goggle you tube for tips to break lose loctited screws is what I did. Heeting Allen wrench method is what I did,many times with success.

I have Hoboa black dish zero offset,off hyper ss an SRC road sweep's also.next nice day I'll no more, ready for break in run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back