Upgrade Mega/BLS plastic transmission to BLX metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This THREAD requires SERIOUS clarification.

1. I have Mega Granite #102657 and purchased all the parts on this list. Is this unit pre 2014 or NOT?????

2. I spend the evening dismantling the rear end to find out I also need AR310378 and AR310399.

Why is that NO CLEAR METHOD to determine what was made before 2014 and what was not?? I bought this thing less than 30 days ago and have had to fix several items and now discover this product is 3 years OLD???

Let's not forget the BLS ESC that smoked in less than 10 days which also smoked the BLS motor (after purchasing and upgrade). Ended up spending money on a Castle Sidewinder 3 combo.

And I had to replace the spur and pinion last weekend because they were dull.

This is complete and total GARBAGE.

did you fix problem if so how? i have a upgraded arrma granite mega with on BLS parts like the esc an the 3600KV motor with 2s lipo. i havw went thru 3 trans. help? lol

Brand new here. Long story but I have a Granite and a Fury. I ordered a new motor and esc so I will need a diff solution.

I have gone through a few of the mega transmissions - usually the pin in the gear attached to the slipper shaft eats through the plastic.

Just fixed last week - with the metal transmission parts mentioned in the first page of this thread. Really is bulletproof with a 4000 kv brushless 3065 size motor and 2s.

Be sure to shim tightly. I used two teflon washers under the pin of one of the diff gears to make it tight.

Thanks Ekfchan , I was curious why many of the parts are not available from
Armma ?

I quickly skimmed over this and I saw a couple of options for other brand diffs and ball diffs. As long as parts don't become scarce I will use what's available.

I also ordered all the parts in this thread from Tower to upgrade my mega Raider. Seems strong as anything so far!!! I did not add extra shims -- hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Ok , good info so far . I went and ordered a brushless motor and esc from Hobby People. I did this before checking for parts or signing up here. It says it's a 4T motor. That might a bit overkill for this car but I got it for a good price.
XTM X-Series 540 1/10 Powerplant - X60 ESC & BL Motor 3900kv

Ok , good info so far . I went and ordered a brushless motor and esc from Hobby People. I did this before checking for parts or signing up here. It says it's a 4T motor. That might a bit overkill for this car but I got it for a good price.

That looks like a nice find to me!! I went with an RC Gear shop 3900 kv and I love it. I used an Arrma BLX ESC, which was easy plug and play, but I'm sure once you get yours dialed in and programmed you'll be good to go.

Have fun!!!!

I finally got it all together and working with stock gears so far.

Brushless windings are mostly stated by .5T
Given that 4000kv is often associated with 8.5T, I do not think they mean the windings.
Also 60A would be insufficient for such a fast motor.
Maybe the mean the amount of poles, that would make sense.

Nevertheless is sounds like a good motor and deal! ;)

Yes it will work but you need to change your motor pinion to 32 pitch
Can you link a part number for a 32 pitch pinion also would this gearing setup work with my motor and esc I have Castle Sidewinder 3 Combo and being 2wd I can't put a fan on the motor

Can you link a part number for a 32 pitch pinion also would this gearing setup work with my motor and esc I have Castle Sidewinder 3 Combo and being 2wd I can't put a fan on the motor

Here you go:

#AR310421 PINION GEAR (15T, 0.8MOD)
#AR 310405 (57T 32dp Granite/Vorteks/Fury/Mojave)

0.8 modulus and 32dp modulus are practically equal, thus fit perfectly.
Make sure your motor has a shaft diameter, which will fit (3,12mm)
If you have a Castle motor with a 5,0mm shaft, you can buy aftermarket pinion gears 32dp/0.8MOD

Here you go:

#AR310421 PINION GEAR (15T, 0.8MOD)
#AR 310405 (57T 32dp Granite/Vorteks/Fury/Mojave)

0.8 modulus and 32dp modulus are practically equal, thus fit perfectly.
Make sure your motor has a shaft diameter, which will fit (3,12mm)
If you have a Castle motor with a 5,0mm shaft, you can buy aftermarket pinion gears 32dp/0.8MOD
~I don't know much will that pinion work with my spur gear if it doesn't I'll take it up to my local hobby shop to see what they say. http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=SARM357;c=689

Brushless windings are mostly stated by .5T
Given that 4000kv is often associated with 8.5T, I do not think they mean the windings.
Also 60A would be insufficient for such a fast motor.
Maybe the mean the amount of poles, that would make sense.

Nevertheless is sounds like a good motor and deal! ;)
not a lot of details about the motor but I found this:

X60 Brushless Sensorless ESC Features:

• Waterproof
• 3S LiPo Compatible for Additional Speed
• Sensorless Operation
• High-Quality Battery and Motor Connectors
• Super-Efficient Components
• Anodized Aluminum Heat-Sink and Cooling Fan
• Fully Programmable (Requires Programming Card P/N 145725)

X60 Brushless Sensorless ESC Specifications:

• Input Voltage: 2-3S LiPo or 6-8C NiMH
• Continuous Current: 60 Amps
• Burst Current: 380 Amps
• Resistance: 0.0007 Ohms
BEC Output: 6 Volts / 3 Amps
• Motor Type: Brushless Sensorless
• Suitable Motors: 540-Size and 550-Size*
• Battery Connector: T-Style
• Motor Connectors: 4mm Gold-Plated Bullet
• Dimensions: 2.04 x 1.49 x 1.41 Inches (52 x 38 x 36mm)
• Weight: 3.77 Ounces (107g)

X540 540-Size Brushless Motor Features:

• 4-Pole 12-Slot High-Torque Design
• CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum Heat-Sink Can
• High Purity Copper Windings Maximize Efficiency
• High RPM ABEC5 Oversize Bearings
• Super Thin 0.2mm Laminations on the Stator
• Removable/Replaceable Rotor
• Precision-Engineered for Maximum Efficiency
• Wired with 4mm Gold-Plated Bullet Connectors

X540 540-Size Brushless Motor Specifications:

• Watts: 900
• Maximum Voltage: 13 Volts
• Maximum Amps: 69 Amps
• Rotor Poles: 4
• Resistance: 0.0081
• Kv: 3900
• Maximum RPM: 50000
• Shaft Size: 3.175mm (1/8 in)
• Dimensions: 55mm (Length) / 36mm (Diameter)
• Weight: 6.35 Ounces (180g)

What's Included:

• XTM X60 Brushless Sensorless ESC with Cooling Fan
• XTM X540 3900kv (4T) Brushless Sensorless Motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back