1. $125 Tower Hobbies Gift Card GIVEAWAY
    ENTER NOW!!!

Dismiss Notice

Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tools for getting started in RC

Discussion in 'Tools' started by WoodiE, May 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AT06

AT06 Well-Known Member

Don't know - I prefer the mantra "buy once, buy right". PB Swiss will definitely be cheaper in the long run, especially with a lifetime guarantee

2. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member
    ArrmaForum Fan

I looked them up. Looks like they only sell L wrenches? I used the L shaped hex wrenches for years, but if I am gonna spend $35 to $50 on a set, I want real handles. MIP 's with proper handles - 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 will cost about the same ($40) and will cover every hex on a Arrma 1/8 rig, except for the pillow ball cup.

Or get the Turnigy, for $10 for the whole set. Then replace them in a year or two for another $10.

3. AT06

AT06 Well-Known Member

Hex wise they sell bits, drivers, ball drivers, L-handles and T-handles. The ordinary drivers cost around £5 ($4) each with lifetime guarantee that is tried and tested - even if the tool if just worn out, 9/10 they will replace it no questions asked.

4. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member
    ArrmaForum Fan

$5 a driver is a good price. Where can I get them? The only on-line vendor I saw was Amazon, they only had the L wrenches.

5. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

Be very careful with T-Handles as it's very easy to underestimate how much torque those wrenches apply to screws until it's to late and you've popped a head off.

6. AT06

AT06 Well-Known Member

http://www.shop.pbtools.us/PB-205-Hex-Key-Screwdrivers_c64.htm

Slightly more in the US as they are made in Switzerland so imported over - for once it's cheaper to buy something in the UK haha!

Honestly at these prices, made in Switzerland and lifetime guarantee they are fantastic value.

Got a set of Bondhus t-handles and you are correct - have to be careful. Enough to get them tight, then a slight turn more is all that's needed. I have popped a fair few by over tightening on things none-RC related so agree it's very easy to pop a head off!

7. tigerljj1

tigerljj1 Well-Known Member

IMG_7293.PNG IMG_7292.PNG IMG_7291.PNG

Bought Wera tools. Super happy! Longevity!!

WoodiE likes this.
  8. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

9. tigerljj1

tigerljj1 Well-Known Member

Thx Woodie. Spent a little more but will last. My neighbor has used Wera for 30 years! German!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer