Tools for getting started in RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mip hex drive is the best for me
Like some i don't believe any reviews on youtube
I want to make sure of it
So when i bought my mip hex drives
I tried it on my old ofna nitro buggy
Its been under the weather for 5 or 10 years lol
2.0 put to the test
Tried to loosen the screw it wont budge
Two hand still doesn't move
Use a vicegrip to turn it
It came off
So if you really looking for hex drive thatll last a long time
MIP is the one you want
I have it for over a year now and it didnt fail me yet

don't forget the simple cleaning tools:

- paintbrush in different sizes
- old towel or some old underwear ( preferebly clean lol)
- brake cleaner
- wd40
- compressor

Sounds dumb, but its important to clean your rc, especially when you need to clean en rebuild the diffs. (Thats where the breakcleaner comes in)

I also think a small bench vise ( i hope this is the correct translation) is very usefull. If you need to work on parts, it lets u use both hands wich comes in very handy sometimes.

All of these things are dirt cheap except the compressor is a little bit more expensive.

Now lets clean all those dirty cars! Haha

Or just get one of this

317125628.jpg

100 bucks from cow rc

don't forget the simple cleaning tools:

- paintbrush in different sizes
- old towel or some old underwear ( preferebly clean lol)
- brake cleaner
- wd40
- compressor

Sounds dumb, but its important to clean your rc, especially when you need to clean en rebuild the diffs. (Thats where the breakcleaner comes in)

I also think a small bench vise ( i hope this is the correct translation) is very usefull. If you need to work on parts, it lets u use both hands wich comes in very handy sometimes.

All of these things are dirt cheap except the compressor is a little bit more expensive.

Now lets clean all those dirty cars! Haha

Whoa! What?!?! o_O
I'm supposed to clean the car? :(

I have used the 936a soldering station for a while, awesome rig. Pretty sure its the same as Trakpower TK-950 but under half the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAOYUE-936A...732616?hash=item4d439b4b48:g:ao0AAOSweW5VgCGf

Have been using one of these infrared thermometers for some time, works well, compared with other guns and is temperature accurate.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Temperature...825986?hash=item3f659e8042:g:G-cAAOSwZ1BXcNFN

I use this great little power screwdriver for light drilling and removing/installing hex screws. Saves a lot of time opposed to doing all by hand, be sure to tighten remaining threads by hand though as not to strip them out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKIL-2354-1...094150?hash=item4650c98286:g:VWAAAOSwmtJXZWqZ combined with these hex drivers http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-Metric-...829117?hash=item3f63f34d7d:g:8KUAAOSwepZXTbGo

I cant say enough about Dynamite hex drivers, machined heads and have yet to strip or even slightly damage one after years and lots of RC builds.

What kind of glue do you use for the tires and rims ?
You generally want CA glue. My local hobby shop sells THIS brand of CA. I have also used CA glues from Hobby Lobby, from back in the modeling / trains / rockets section of the store.

One other note - I have noticed that about 2 months after the bottle is opened, the glue stops curing right. So if you are not planning on gluing a bunch of tires, you don't need the big bottle.

You generally want CA glue. My local hobby shop sells THIS brand of CA. I have also used CA glues from Hobby Lobby, from back in the modeling / trains / rockets section of the store.

One other note - I have noticed that about 2 months after the bottle is opened, the glue stops curing right. So if you are not planning on gluing a bunch of tires, you don't need the big bottle.

Thank you.
That seems to be same like This .
And do you glue just little spots or around the whole tire ?

I do a small bead around the whole tire.

Hang on - there is a good vid on gluing - let me get it.

Here you go -

He is glueing SC tires, but the idea is the same. Instead of velcro straps or rubber bands, I use some cheap 200mm zip-ties, three of them rigged in a triangle, to pull the tire tight on the rim while the glue dries. When the glue is dry, I use the point of a razor blade to release the clip in the tie, so I can re-use it.

I do a small bead around the whole tire.

Hang on - there is a good vid on gluing - let me get it.

Here you go -

He is glueing SC tires, but the idea is the same. Instead of velcro straps or rubber bands, I use some cheap 200mm zip-ties, three of them rigged in a triangle, to pull the tire tight on the rim while the glue dries. When the glue is dry, I use the point of a razor blade to release the clip in the tie, so I can re-use it.

Thank you very much. That helps a lot.

Thank you very much. That helps a lot.

If you plan to reuse the rims by adding new tires, then put about 6-8 drops around the diameters.
Should be easier to separate rubber from rim with less glue.
I've yet to have a rim/tire separate while running that I have glued using this method.

If you plan to reuse the rims by adding new tires, then put about 6-8 drops around the diameters.
Should be easier to separate rubber from rim with less glue.
I've yet to have a rim/tire separate while running that I have glued using this method.

Thant is a god idea !
Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back