Talion Thinking about getting this wheel/tire combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Talion is very cool looking and the solid wheels don't do anything for it looks wise, I have used paint pens on some of my solid wheels to divide into four parts with alternating colors and gotten quite a few likes from people where I run my cars at.
Do you have pics of the wheels?

Here's a different look for you guys.Hoboa black dish, zero offset rims with hyper SS tires. Have a white Durango wing coming.
IMG_20170321_154533225.jpg

Would prefer a blue or purple wing, but thats just me.

The truggy looks sharp.

Man, I was a phone call late in scoring a used Talion, rtr w all electronics for 250.00. The guy has a Traxxas Ultimate, no radio, no battery, bald tires, for 150 dollars.
Includes ESC, motor and steering servo, aftermarket body, chassis is almost mint. He only drove it in asphalt, the reason tires are bald. Possibly pick it up this weekend.

I really don’t know what version I have,,,v1, v2, v3,v 9, v27 v 28? The only way I’ll is if they tell you in the manual,,,,,,,,anyway,,,,I have the 2018 talion. I guess that’s the new one.seems every year they upgrade it and give another V NUMBER,,,,,CHEESH. Drives me crazy,,,especially when you need to order parts,,then hoping they’ll fit when I get them........ yeah you’ll have no problem at all......

The latest 2018 is called v3..i would be carefull to use to big tires..i recomend same hight as stock..adding higher will stress the suspensionparts due to the lower shocktower and limited uptravel

Thanks,,,,I use the optional tire that is on there Parts list,,,the one with the little knobs,,,they are ever so slightly smaller,,,,but I like them better than the stock tire. Seems to handle a little better. Maybe because the center of gravity is affected,,don't know,,but I like them.

The latest 2018 is called v3..i would be carefull to use to big tires..i recomend same hight as stock..adding higher will stress the suspensionparts due to the lower shocktower and limited uptravel

Naahh, not really, its basically as having Kraton tires, no additional stress.

In the contrary, the suspension and all other related parts take a break. The extra rubber absorbs the vibration from rough terrain.

Proline Badlands are 6.90" diameter, the ones sold by Hobbypartz and Nitrorcx are the same. Almost the same width, in fact Badlands are much wider than the cheaper alternative.

One Prolines tire alone is almost 200g, cant find the Proline wheel weight but add about 100 or so grams and its the same as the Nitrorcx / Hobbypartz. Everyone that has Badlands know they are strong but also are very heavy.

Attached is a pic of one wheel

This is my opinion, so far most agree its a no brainer mod on cheaper alternative tires/wheels. Its the same as having higher tire aspect ratio compared to sport low profile tires. Much plusher ride w an acceptable higher aspect ratio.

IMG_20180211_130927.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back