The verdict on Turnigy Graphene lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armmajunkee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've been looking at these Turnigy Graphene batteries and I'm not sure if they're worth the money. All I know is that they weigh a lot more then some other brands out there. Has anybody had any experience with these batteries?

I've been looking at these Turnigy Graphene batteries and I'm not sure if they're worth the money. All I know is that they weigh a lot more then some other brands out there. Has anybody had any experience with these batteries?
Looks like it has some good remarks in this Turnigy Graphene lipo thread.

I have a pair of 2s 6.0ah 90c hardpacks that I run parallel as a 4s. In a Kraton and Typhon, mostly on a off-road track. IMHO, great packs. My last raceday was 90f outside, and the packs were run hard, recharged them at 10a, run some more, repeated about 4 time during the day. The did swell a bit as the day wore on, but overnight they settled back down. I was running both cars with 3 packs for a full day of racing. They never missed a beat. One of my Turnigy Nanotecs (2x2s, 5.6ah, 50/100c) really didn't like that same routine, and would not balance by the end of the day. My 3rd battery was a SPC 4s 5ah, 50c, it never missed a beat.

So thumbs up from me for the Turnigy Graphine packs.

I have a pair of 2s 6.0ah 90c hardpacks that I run parallel as a 4s. In a Kraton and Typhon, mostly on a off-road track. IMHO, great packs. My last raceday was 90f outside, and the packs were run hard, recharged them at 10a, run some more, repeated about 4 time during the day. The did swell a bit as the day wore on, but overnight they settled back down. I was running both cars with 3 packs for a full day of racing. They never missed a beat. One of my Turnigy Nanotecs (2x2s, 5.6ah, 50/100c) really didn't like that same routine, and would not balance by the end of the day. My 3rd battery was a SPC 4s 5ah, 50c, it never missed a beat.

So thumbs up from me for the Turnigy Graphine packs.
Do you think the Graphenes give a good enough punch compared to the nanotechs? I'll be using them in speedruns.

Instead of "good enough" maybe say "Better". I don't know that I will by another nanotech, but I may by more Graphines, if they go on a good sale again. But that is more about the balance issue than punch.

As far as Punch - I do know that stepping up from from my Zippy compacts (35c) to my nano-techs there was a noticeable bump in "punch" Same for moving from my Trunigy 60C 5.0ah 4s to my 50c/100c Nanotechs - although they are rated lower C, they have a better punch. But between my 50c/100c Nanotechs and my 90c Graphines (or my 50c SPC), I really don't see a punch difference. I suspect a big part of that is that none of my cars have really monster power systems, so any of these three batteries can feed the system without issue. Note, my biggest motor in my collection currently is the Nero BLX 2050kv 4075 motor in my Kraton. If you are doing speed runs, I suspect you will be using a bigger / more amp hungry motor, so YMMV.

Instead of "good enough" maybe say "Better". I don't know that I will by another nanotech, but I may by more Graphines, if they go on a good sale again. But that is more about the balance issue than punch.

As far as Punch - I do know that stepping up from from my Zippy compacts (35c) to my nano-techs there was a noticeable bump in "punch" Same for moving from my Trunigy 60C 5.0ah 4s to my 50c/100c Nanotechs - although they are rated lower C, they have a better punch. But between my 50c/100c Nanotechs and my 90c Graphines (or my 50c SPC), I really don't see a punch difference. I suspect a big part of that is that none of my cars have really monster power systems, so any of these three batteries can feed the system without issue. Note, my biggest motor in my collection currently is the Nero BLX 2050kv 4075 motor in my Kraton. If you are doing speed runs, I suspect you will be using a bigger / more amp hungry motor, so YMMV.
Yes I will be using a 2200kv Poseidon motor but haven't decided on esc either Castle or Hobbywing. Thank you for the knowledgeable advice I will be ordering the Graphene lipos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back