Outcast Tech/Trick Setups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyjoe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The more I tinker with details large and small on my trucks, the more I wonder about the divergent needs of (whatever we call) trails/jumps/dirt/airtime and (whatever we call) tighter, flippity, combo-focused skatepark type bashing.

For example - I'm finding that the following seem to lead to better performance in tighter, more technical situations:

- 4s and a big pinion
- backflip tires (ballooning is better)
- equal F/R diff weights. Ex: 30/200/30.
- no wing, no wheelie bar
- drag brake around 30%
- brake strength at 75% or so for air control
- orange/yellow st 60/40 f/r works for the concrete park
- max steering endpoints for tossing weight around
- tight and stiff sway bars
- front springs loaded for popping off coping at the top of ramps

What are you guys finding?

Hi you have to update the diffs
Front 50 k
Back 30k
Mid 150 k
200 k is tooo much

Too much, really? It seems about right for concrete quarter pipes here. Even diffs seem to help flair-style flip tricks but that may have to do with how I set up my Tx (throttle curve)

Hi you have to update the diffs
Front 50 k
Back 30k
Mid 150 k
200 k is tooo much
Not trying to thread jack but I asked this in another thread, where the heck are people finding 150k diff oil? I can find 100k and 200k but no 150k.

Right now I have Tekno shocks with Orange 90mm springs on front and Yellow 90mm springs on back, Oil is 70wt rear and 80wt front. The front sits a little taller and has lots of articulation and cushion, the rear is tight with much less articulation, and does not rebound as easily, so I can hit a speed bump at pretty quick and even speed and it launches rather than the rear end popping and kicking over. It lands nicely off jumps and back-flips not problem on 6s 13t pinion. Diff oils are 100K center, 50K/50K F+R. I should say I have my MMX ESC highly tweaked for my liking, custom curves, no drag brake - I find that it causes a nose dive off jumps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back