Team Durango DEX8 chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_66

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all,

I own a Team Durango DEX8 and I have been told that a lot of parts for the Typhon will fit the DEX8.

I run my DEX8 on a carpet track just for fun (not serious into racing) and I am not a basher.

The weak point of the DEX8 is the rear chasis mount and rear chasis brace.

Today I ran a couple of rounds on the track and unfortunately during a jump the car landed on its body and the rear chasis brace broke including the body mount.

Hot-racing has a couple of nice upgrades for the Typhon and I wonder if the front and rear chasis brace will fit the DEX8.

Will the Typhon body fit the DEX8 if I have replaced the rear chassis brace and body mount with the one from a Typhon?

Would really appreciate all the help I can get!

Attachments

• DEX8.jpg
    DEX8.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Typhon.jpg
    Typhon.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 69
I don't know the answer to your questions, but parts are cheap, so if no one knows, I suggest buying the parts to see.

I don't know the answer to your questions, but parts are cheap, so if no one knows, I suggest buying the parts to see.

This week I am going to compare the rear brace with the one fitted in a Typhon. A shop nearby has a Typhon in stock and I was welcome there to check this. I just figured that I possibly don't nead the rear brace of the Typhon, but only the body posts of the Typhon which are fitted to the rear shock tower. I would only have to drill two extra holes in the shock tower.

The rear body mount for the Team Durango DEX8 is impossible to find anymore. Tried to get in contact with companies who are able to print 3D parts, but it's going to cost me a lot! I don't have a 3D design of this part.

yes you can use the shock tower, chassi brace and body from arrma. so do i

Hi. I have read that the rear brace of the DEX8 and Typhon have different lengths?

Could you send me a picture of yours fitted with the Typhon parts? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back