Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Talion Chassis is Very Soft Metal. Bends very easy.

Discussion in 'Chassis & Drivetrain' started by sandblaster, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sandblaster

sandblaster Active Member

Any way to replace the very soft stock chassis with a stronger one. Stock bends so easy. Must be made of totally soft aluminum. Bottom dimples to clear ring gear bent in and destroyed both diff's. Have the rear aluminum brace added and it still bent just in front of the brace anchor. Straightened it with very little force. Mush is the word that comes to mind on how soft the metal is. Talion only a couple of months old. Becoming unimpressed with the quality of this unit. Becoming very expensive to maintain.

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

This is not surprising as aluminum weakens as it bends. So bending an already weakened joint is no surprise. You're just further weakening it.

What aluminum braces are you using on your Talion?

3. sandblaster

I have never seen aluminum bend this easy. It is totally junk. Your statement of weakens and it bends is very strange. It should have resistance from bending not soft like butter. It takes very little effort to bend it. This is very, very soft metal. Totally not adequate for the job. Have worked with metal of most kinds in my 73 years. Have an ideal of what it should be like. This is unbelievable soft. Used a 40mm X 3 mm flat brace on bottom, purchased from local hardware. It is tougher then the metal in the chassis.

Using Hot Racing brace. It did it's job as the bend was in front of the brace.

4. dpricenator

dpricenator Supporting Member!
    Supporting Member ArrmaForum Fan

Man that stinks. Hit up Arrma and tell em you got a bad chassis.

5. sandblaster

Figured it would do no good. Nice ideal tho.

6. E-fanatic

E-fanatic Well-Known Member

After owning the hpi trophy truggy flux this chassis is decent. I haven't bent the talion yet. 2 chassis on the hpi and I constantly had to bend it and the shock towers back. My talion is still solid after beating on it for over a year(nothing is out of shape)
    Sounds like you may have gotten a bad chassis

Oh this is modeled after the Durango truggy. Wonder if their chassis would work? Might be worth looking into

7. dpricenator

dpricenator Supporting Member!
    Supporting Member ArrmaForum Fan

Someone has a thread on swapping the DEXT8 (I think) chassis onto a Kraton.

8. sandblaster

Yes, checked with him, still unfinished project. Would be great if it was possible with good results.

#8 sandblaster, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  9. Mainesledder

Mainesledder Active Member

Im very disappointed at the chassis also. I bought a kraton friday, ran it it yesterday for the first time, and no more than 15 minutes i bent it.REALLY!? all i did was hit a jump and got about 10 feet in air . im out now looking for aluminum rod to run from shock tower to tower. Hopefully this will prevent it from bending again.

10. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member
    ArrmaForum Fan

Yeah, I bent my Kraton chassis too - at a skate park, jumping it on the quarter-pipe ramp, straight up 15'-20'.
    So what that it only took 15 minutes and a hammer to fix.[/sarcasm]

But really, the way we beat on our cars, I am amazed when I get home and only have some minor bent shock towers or a tweeeked chassis.

11. Mainesledder

Mainesledder Active Member

Lol i guess a hammer would do it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer