Typhon Stretched Typhon speed run project PICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats up guys, new to the forum and wanted to share my project and quest to best 150 mph.
Started with a typhon buggy and modified the he'll out of it.
As it sits I have a custom wound insanely high KV tp power 4070 cm 40x107mm motor running 6s.
Gearing is 1.27:1 ratio. Yes it is geared higher than the magic 1:1 speed run ratios. Wanted to share some pics, running an XLX with no current limit.
Belted grp velocity and sweep racing gt2 tires. Kraton chassis, custom made body mounts and esc mount and diff mount. Locked spool so I can run pinion gears as spur gears, 8mm castle connectors for motor, 6.5mm for batteries, 11000uf custom cap pack im soldering in tomorrow. Limited shock down travel. Outcast rear wing. Havnt ran it stretched yet or with this motor, but I hit 112mph with a MUCH less powerful and lower kv (2200) motor over the weekend.
Running 2x revolectrix 5000mah 70c tested 3 cell batteries. Best batteries I have ever ran with the lowest resistance I've measured.

Will post up pics of the final outcome and speed run this Sunday.

i want to follow you and i ordered that parts but i want to use the stock spur so i want to know what dog bone u used and also how you made the body mount for the back XD(can show how to make like yours which is very good by the way) ,did u use the same typhon chassis support and what u mean by custom diff mount?,is the servo mount an arm is the same? i know i ask too much but i hope u will help me with it thank you

Whats up guys, new to the forum and wanted to share my project and quest to best 150 mph.
Started with a typhon buggy and modified the he'll out of it.
As it sits I have a custom wound insanely high KV tp power 4070 cm 40x107mm motor running 6s.
Gearing is 1.27:1 ratio. Yes it is geared higher than the magic 1:1 speed run ratios. Wanted to share some pics, running an XLX with no current limit.
Belted grp velocity and sweep racing gt2 tires. Kraton chassis, custom made body mounts and esc mount and diff mount. Locked spool so I can run pinion gears as spur gears, 8mm castle connectors for motor, 6.5mm for batteries, 11000uf custom cap pack im soldering in tomorrow. Limited shock down travel. Outcast rear wing. Havnt ran it stretched yet or with this motor, but I hit 112mph with a MUCH less powerful and lower kv (2200) motor over the weekend.
Running 2x revolectrix 5000mah 70c tested 3 cell batteries. Best batteries I have ever ran with the lowest resistance I've measured.

Will post up pics of the final outcome and speed run this Sunday.

What rear body mounts are you using?

WoW! Absolutely fantastic! Waiting to hear the results. I'm working on a stock 6S Typhon, with a TP motor, (4070CM-V1/2700kv) spool etc. etc. MAX6 wouldn't do at all. Now have a Mamba X in it, but haven't run yet. Have a Mamba XLX in the box. Running a 29 pinion and a 34 spur. Been getting a lot of heat. Have a couple of larger spurs waiting at the post office. This speed stuff is addictive, and costly too!;)

What rear body mounts are you using?
WoW! Absolutely fantastic! Waiting to hear the results.
You two might be waiting a long time for any info from the Op, ...last seen/visited: Sept 19th 2017! :LOL:

@cootertwo it looks like @Erstadw bumped a 2 year old thread sorry.

Re: the rear body mounts. He said earlier in this thread that he custom made them to fit. (y)

You two might be waiting a long time for any info from the Op, ...last seen/visited: Sept 19th 2017! :LOL:

@cootertwo it looks like @Erstadw bumped a 2 year old thread sorry.

Re: the rear body mounts. He said earlier in this thread that he custom made them to fit. (y)
I noticed the thread was old after I posted. I think I can fab up some aluminum extensions for the stock mounts. Thinking about using two pieces of 8mm aluminum rod cut to length. Drilled and tapped for m3. Hopefully they will be strong enough.

Fellow member here @phildogg has done it.
Yep have seen all Philips videos trust me. I'd have never got into speed runs or bought the Typhon if I hadn't seen his videos as well as a few of the other speed runners like Innovation RC on YouTube. :D

So glad I did as it has brought me back into the RC hobby I used to do with so much more passion and enjoyment for it as well.

Yep have seen all Philips videos trust me. I'd have never got into speed runs or bought the Typhon if I hadn't seen his videos as well as a few of the other speed runners like Innovation RC on YouTube. :D

So glad I did as it has brought me back into the RC hobby I used to do with so much more passion and enjoyment for it as well.
Same here... Phillip was the reason I started speed runs with a Slash 4x4
Living legend of speed

Another to add to the list who does many Arrma videos is Kenny. I have never seen him on the forums, but has plenty of content with Arrma vehicles.
I have watched one of his speed running Senton videos before I'm sure but hadn't subscribed to his channel, ...just rectified that now. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back