Senton stock wheels that fit senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschlee

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. looking around for wheels and tires as i build up a senton roller. i like something a bit more monster truck/truggy style.
i think the traxxas emaxx has 17mm hubs - and are widely available - anyone try them?
how about stock talion wheels/tires.

any other suggestions?

thanks all

Some emaxx have 17mm hexes. They come with very large diameter wheels, you'll need to widen the Senton (arms from Kraton), cut the body, change the gearing...

The easiest way if you want monster truck wheels is to get wider hubs from Associated, and Proline F11 wheels. Other options here too: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-v3-w-mx28-badlands-on-f11wheels.5149/
People have reported more breaking on a Senton with this option (wider so more stress, it's normal).

I tried some not too big wheels from Redcat on my Typhon. You can read about the issues and have a look here around the middle of the page: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/modified-typhon-update-after-trolling.5221/
Looks awesome but it'll probably break shocks.

Great info! Thanks for the knowledge. Durability is more important to me than looks so your advice is very helpful.

Sounds like heavy treads on buggie wheels is the way to go. I'll look around.

What about the new talion tires? Any other stock options you would recommend.

Thanks again

Great info! Thanks for the knowledge. Durability is more important to me than looks so your advice is very helpful.

Sounds like heavy treads on buggie wheels is the way to go. I'll look around.

What about the new talion tires? Any other stock options you would recommend.

Thanks again

Probably too large and no offset, would require wideners like the associated at least and new gearing, cut body...

Better use buggy wheels with badlands for example and buy a second car. You know you want to

ha, you know it.
i was just on proline website and they have a splash ad on their front page for 17mm hubs on 2.8 wheels. they have trenchers and badlands premounted. but i'm cognizant of what you pointed out - durability issues. those tires run about 2.87 x 4.87 so maybe a little too wide?
https://www.prolineracing.com/index...ch&search_in=all&search_str=17mm+2.8"&x=0&y=0

after some research i'm thinking i should grab some 2.2 wheels and mount some rock racer/crawler type wheels that sit around 2.25" x 5.5". the stock senton wheels are 1.7 x 4.3 so i'd get about 1/2 inch of width and an inch of height (so 1/2 inch of extra ground clearance). sounds a bit larger without going crazy.

what do you think?

These 2.8 F11 wheels don't fit around the hubs without the wideners. They are the ones in the thread I linked. They put a lot of stress indeed with the wideners.
2.2 wont fit im afraid, even smaller...

The best option is to get the 2.8 but use arms, cvd and hex from a Kraton. They are cheap on ebay. Then you don't have the durability issues and of you want you can even mount 3.8 and get some sort of Oucast Senton hybrid.

D06102ED-653B-4E8B-B7AF-D3E681A86F54.jpeg
I have the hot racing 5mm wheel extensions on my senton, I’m running on road tires and a bmw body on it, i haven’t had any durability issues at all with this set up and it hauls a**

hey everyone. looking around for wheels and tires as i build up a senton roller. i like something a bit more monster truck/truggy style.
i think the traxxas emaxx has 17mm hubs - and are widely available - anyone try them?
how about stock talion wheels/tires.

any other suggestions?

thanks all

I am wondering the same thing...Talion tires on my senton 6s.

Anyone have any suggestions for wider tires for senton 6s ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back