Granite Stock oil ratings.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmansdad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
  3. 4x4-Mega
I know that shock/Dif/etc... Oil and grease questions are all over, but to a noob, the information is overwhelming. I broke a shock on my Granite Mega 4x4 and have new parts enroute, but nowhere can I find what weight of oil they came from the factory with. Great little video by Arrma on HOW to rebuild the shocks, but nothing on WHAT oil to use.

Anyone have any insight here?

-Dave

I know that shock/Dif/etc... Oil and grease questions are all over, but to a noob, the information is overwhelming. I broke a shock on my Granite Mega 4x4 and have new parts enroute, but nowhere can I find what weight of oil they came from the factory with. Great little video by Arrma on HOW to rebuild the shocks, but nothing on WHAT oil to use.

Anyone have any insight here?

-Dave

I bought a Granite 4x4 for my son for Christmas and wanted to know the same. I emailed Arrma and they stated it comes from the factory with 30wt. They also stated that you can use 30wt, 40wt, or 50wt.

I bought a Granite 4x4 for my son for Christmas and wanted to know the same. I emailed Arrma and they stated it comes from the factory with 30wt. They also stated that you can use 30wt, 40wt, or 50wt.
Awesome.. I went with 30WT when I rebuilt my SECOND broken front perch (plus, thats all the LHS had in stock, so it worked out). I've e-mailed T-Bone Racing in hopes they will make a bumper for this thing soon... these shocks break EXTREMELY easy.

Here is a conversion table. Two standard are used:

shock_oil_table.jpg

I stated 350cst.
The lower the number the lighter the oil (less dampening of the shock)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back