Some Gearing Issues. Need Some Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully_

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
OK. so i'v done some upgrading in hopes that i would have a more sound drive-train, but in turn, it seems like i may be having some issues. (story of my life)

The car seems extra loud when i give it juice, and the pinion seems to be getting eatin up by the spur gear. Although it hasn't failed , you can see actual metal dust, and the indents on the pinion. Along with that it seems to lag a little bit when i hit the throttle.. almost slipping. Is any of this normal ?

Also the slight horizontal play in the spur gear ? could this cause an issue being that its so minimal ?
Also the play in the rear drive shaft. Can this cause issues ?

My rear drive shaft also has a slight wobble to it and i will be replacing that immediately, but could that also have this big of an impact on the center gears ?

Everything else seems to be in order, so i'm kinda at a crossroads here on what the issue is. I'v included a video and a picture in this post to show you guys.
22879199_10155160002332169_1942404211_o.jpg

yes RR Mod 1. I seem to have sorted it out though. I replaced both the spur gear and the pinion gear. tightened up the mesh a bit, and ran today for about 2 hours without a problem.

Well, i thought i sorted all this out, but apparently i didn't. After about 7-10 packs my RR pinion looks like this. Is this normal ? and if not, what is causing this.. This pinion thing has been an uphill battle for me, i just wanna get it so i don't have to buy a pinion every 10 batteries.

23782150_10155220205252169_1235062986_n.jpg

I feel your pain lol. I'm not so lucky tho I have that prob w my fazon but I don't even get 2 minutes out of it. Never went thru a fully charged pack yet so I'm getting rid of it I'll trade it for something else. It's basically brand new

Imma just keep messing with my mesh, and hopefully i'll nail it and eliminate this issue. Don't sell your arrma over this. Its fixable, just a matter of finding the right mesh, and or the culprit of the issue.

I like arrma just not my fazon. They have the best customer service that I've come across in rc. I will be an arrma fan until that changes I'd trade it straight up for something or sell it. I'm open to whatever

Hey Sully

Sorry to hear about your issue mate, here may just be a solution!

I have been running a composite Spur made by Team Durango and its been running perfectly for the last 1 year

The composite spur is Much more forgiving on the pinion and the Talion runs silent!

Part Number: TD310586

19449578_10155617408646294_140471034_o.jpg

19449340_10155617408781294_1841084489_o.jpg

You will need to file down the shaft with a simple hand file to get the drive cup deep enough to fit the pin through it but its not difficult.

I am running the powerful Leopard 4092 2080kv motor on 6s and bigger Backflip MT tyres and no issues at all

Well, i thought i sorted all this out, but apparently i didn't. After about 7-10 packs my RR pinion looks like this. Is this normal ? and if not, what is causing this.. This pinion thing has been an uphill battle for me, i just wanna get it so i don't have to buy a pinion every 10 batteries.

View attachment 13541

Try set the car on a solid platform with the wheels off the ground. Give it light throttle and watch your spur gear. If it has wobble then that might be your issue. Sometimes when you screw the gear to the diff cup the screws are not tightened evenly and can creat a wobble. The mesk looks ok but the marks on the pinion don't look even. Or bad center diff bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back