Silver ring from diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceM

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I took apart my rear diff to shim it and the ring shown in this vid
i am unable to find it and i cant find it in the exploded views of the manual

Anybody have a part #

NAh man, but I know you will get all kinds of stuff in you gear box if you don't have it. Sucks too, because it is the mystery spacer we have to have, but can't find. I bought some Ebay chop shop gear box, differential sets, and they come with it.

I took apart my rear diff to shim it and the ring shown in this vid
i am unable to find it and i cant find it in the exploded views of the manual

Anybody have a part #
Are you talking about the diff seal that is sitting in the background of the still from that vid?
The differential washers? https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJAM6
The shim that goes on the outside of the bearing? https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDWDG
You need to be more specific than silver ring.
A screenshot of the specific part you are talking about from the video would be helpful as well.
Open video pause it where it shows said part
On your keyboard is a button that says prt sc or something similar it is usually next to the F12 key, push that.
Now hit the Windows key and type paint and hit enter.
Once paint is open on your keyboard hit ctrl v to paste the picture to paint, use the red marker to circle said part and then save the picture.
Finally post picture here.

Last edited:
I selected the moment that the youtube would play to show that part, from your link it appears to be the bearing shim

I did have it on my front, but it either was not on the rear or i misplaced it

Easy to misplace...That is for sure. Ans yeah I thnk you are talking about the 2nd link that Slick posted.

I think we are looking for the same thing. the shim that goes on the left side of the bearing in both the front and rear housings. Does anyone have the part # since it is not shown or listed in the parts diagram?

The shim is the exact same diameter as the bearing and slides over the left outdrive like the one hanging in the picture.
B012C71A-945B-4208-82BA-1888C0D1CA6F.jpeg

Thanx,

Justin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back