Kraton Shock rod ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Camo, I appreciate your effort to help me out. However, I just bought the Tekno full option kit shocks front and rear for my kraton. I'm done messing around with Arrma. I should not have to order parts from Australia. It's kinda outrageous..

Those shock shafts would probably cost me $35 by the time it was over.....lol:eek:
All good bigs !!! I find it funny that there is a shortage of parts in the States that's where it comes from ? I normally have to pay the exuberant postage to get any after market products shipped here. Sometimes I'm paying more than the part is worth in postage :rolleyes:
The Tekno stuff is quality I'd b interested to c how they hold up ?
I don't think the Aussies have quite caught on just how good arrma rigs are yet. Maybe that's why we got a lot of parts left. Cheers !!!

Clicking sound ! Front diff case

Dude there's shock rod ends on eBay for $8.00.
Don't mean to be smart ass but plenty parts in Aus
View attachment 10042
Yes there is !! And its not being smart ass dude :)
I can get shock shafts and shock ends from 3 shops within 25min of me and from more shops within 45-60 min.
And i have to say its nice to not have to order stuff from overseas like i usually do for my other cars....

Thanks Camo, I appreciate your effort to help me out. However, I just bought the Tekno full option kit shocks front and rear for my kraton. I'm done messing around with Arrma. I should not have to order parts from Australia. It's kinda outrageous..

Those shock shafts would probably cost me $35 by the time it was over.....lol:eek:

From reading the teckno shocks aren't exactly the same size and aren't exactly bolt on. Tekno stuff should hold up better though.

You have to drill out the shock tower hole to fit the m4 shock standoff. The rest is simple bolt on. I don't have mine yet but I've studied how the system works. You have to buy the Tekno mounting hardware but that is easy. It's only 4 parts numbers and you get those numbers off of the Tekno site. It's really quite painless.......until you see the price. :eek:

Last edited:
I went the full option Tekno kits front and rear for my Kraton. Installed it all Sunday. These are a whole 'nuther level compared to the stock stuff we get on our Arrmas and worth the $90/ set after pistons and springs. It's just a superior piece in every regard and you really get an appreciation for it as you put them together. All kinds of small details to appreciate but too many to list here.

Most importantly, the thing drives better than it ever has and after 2 sessions out nothing has broken or bent. Yeah, that's a bit of a record.

If this is truly indicative of Tekno quality and tech then it's time I buy one of their trucks. I don't care how much it costs because it's going to be far cheaper than the crap I'm dealing with on my Kraton, Outcast and Nero. Arrma = durable? On what planet might that be?

Seriously, Pony up the $$ for the Tekno shock kits and you will not regret it. You may regret buying Arrma once you see what else is out there.

Tekno = quality

Everything I've come into contact with that is Tekno is just off the charts high quality. I can't wait for my shocks to get here. I have to agree with you, the Tekno vehicles must be mind blowing. My next purchase will be the MT410 followed by the ET48.3. I was going to buy an outcast and Talion but I don't like the parts situation with Arrma. If it gets better I may start buying again.

I really love my Kraton though. It is unique in the rc world imo. Its handling is awesome and it jumps like a boss...... It's a true high performance "muggy". Their really is not another platform quite like it. Mine will be so modified once I get the shocks on that it's almost not a kraton anymore.....lol.

Yes there is !! And its not being smart ass dude :)
I can get shock shafts and shock ends from 3 shops within 25min of me and from more shops within 45-60 min.
And i have to say its nice to not have to order stuff from overseas like i usually do for my other cars....
Sounds like there's a healthy rc scene in WA. Plenty of shops !!

I have a set of the Tekno shocks for my outcast and they are very nice. They are so nice that I find myself not wanting to use them. Its a silly thing I know, and I would use them in the event my stock shocks totally fail. I have only used them one bash session when I was fixing my stock shocks.

When I bought my outcast it was my first RC ever so I was a bit intimidated by the Tekno not coming with a motor or esc and the extra price. If I did it again I think I would do the Tekno kit with a Ebay chop shop motor and ESC such as the BLX200 system I bought to put in my outcast.

Everything you guys have said is dead right..I love my typhon but if I could start again I'd of got the mugen or tekno kit.. typhon's a beast a fly's like a plane but I'm not to sure about my outcast,since I got the typhon I think its slow in every aspect suppose it is a complete different rc..anyway arrma spare parts don't exist which is crazy as they are mainly bashing rc's..and the new UK distributor has added over £130 on the price of the kraton making it just under £500. I think I'm gonna get the mugen Mbx7t-e truggy

Rod ends back in stock at Tower Hobbies. Just ordered a few sets just is case. While I was at it I ordered a Hobao Hyper SSTE Truggy . Until Arrma gets their act together I can't buy another Arrma. Love all my Arrmas but I don't want to be caught without parts availability again.

Just grabbed another set, one left
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232210243231
These parts are like ammo, buy 'em cheap and stack them deep

With shipping to the UK, this kit is $20. Think I'll get the Tekno ET48 kit...

Rod ends back in stock at Tower Hobbies. Just ordered a few sets just is case. While I was at it I ordered a Hobao Hyper SSTE Truggy . Until Arrma gets their act together I can't buy another Arrma. Love all my Arrmas but I don't want to be caught without parts availability again.

FYI - The big online UK hobby shops in the UK (Wheelspin/ Modelsport) are forecasting with "a high degree of certainty" that stocks of Arrma parts and kits will be back to normal in late June, early July.

Fingers crossed that RoW picks up then too.

Last edited:
Stockpiling Rod ends etc is a good idea. However, that completely idiotic by principle. You shouldn't have to. These things shouldn't be wear items. For trucks advertised as super durable bashers, "Don't just bash, BLAST" is written on my Outcast, these things sure are fragile.

There are 50 threads out there about this that or the other breaking and another 50 about how to keep them from breaking. If this is just how it is then so be it but that's crap in my book.

I will say that I put a set of the Tekno shock kits on my Outcast after the success I had with them on my Kraton. Nothing has broken or bent on either truck since doing that and they drive like a dream.

122mm front-3 hole piston-90mm orange springs
80wt
137mm rears-same pistons and springs as front and 70wt

I did however pull the trigger on an MT410 today. It will be here tomorrow and I'm going to take all the stuff not include that I need for it from my Nero. Would have sacrificed

Would have sacrificed the K or O but they are doing so well now with the Teknos on them that I don't want to let them go.

Stockpiling them only because of the availability issue. I own a Kraton, Talion, Outcast and a Nero. I cannot say the shocks are poorly made because after hundreds of sick air jumps, some with horrible landings, After hitting many unmovable objects, I have only broke two shock ends (not including my Nero) on one of my trucks. I also am moving on to another brand of truck only because of parts problems, NOT because of durability problems. (except for nero)

Just bought the Tekno shocks so my unused Kraton shocks are going on eBay. Can't be doing with parts anxiety!

I have only broken one rod end, and that was on a massive skatepark jump and I landed on the edge of concrete with one tire. I have however bent front shock shafts 3 different times.

I definitely am the blame for 99.9% of all broken parts on my Arrmas. They tempt me to push them harder and harder, I do crap with them that I wouldn't dream of with lesser RC trucks. But they keep coming back for more punishment (except for my Nero). I fart on the Nero and it breaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back