Kraton Shock rod ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
I recently bought what I think may be the last Kraton rod ends on the planet. I am looking for backups and cannot find them. Has anyone found a good replacement other than original Arrma? If you have, what part numbers are brand?

I wish I had an answer. Im having to take it easy out there because of the parts situation. This displeases me. Right now, the only solution is spelled T E K N O MT410.

I don't know how an rc business can survive when customers can't get the parts they need and the wait for some of the trucks to be back in stock is 10 to 12 weeks........3 months?...........really?

Same issue with my son's outcast. He broke the back shock rod end and lost a spring. Replacement springs showed up. rod ends no where to be found. yet Arrma keeps producing new vehicles that have these same parts that people can't get.

It's getting to the point now that I'm having SERIOUS apprehension about buying any more arrma products. That's a shame because they are really great vehicles. Its also a huge problem for Arrma when loyal customers start to lose confidence in their product and support. I want an Outcast and possibly a Talion but am seriously considering going to Tekno. If you look at Tower Hobbies, their is not a single backordered part for the MT410. That's the type of part support I like.

Last edited:
I filed a Better business bureau complaint. Maybe that will get them to do something. People can get mad at me all they want, but yea I do expect them to go open up a new truck and send me my parts. You take care of your existing customers before you sell more things that you don't have parts for. We aren't talking about 10 dollar toys here. As I said in another thread, Powerwheels didn't have a part for my daughters toy so they shipped out new powerwheels to all the people that had them break. Ship the new trucks to people that can't get parts or take the much cheaper way and start breaking some of them down and getting people parts.

Man I don't want to hear this....was looking forward to getting an outcast in the future as well but not if replacement parts can't be found. We have had to wait on parts from back order but luckily it hasn't been months just weeks lol. Almost a month to get a replacement battery however....

I am so glad I bought a ton of extras when I was first starting with my Kraton. I have 2 extra front/rear gear boxes, 2 front rear diffs, a center diff, a set of front and rear a arms, 2 entire bell crank assemblies, a full set of stock shocks and ends, a full set of dog bones, a full set of turnbuckles and ends. a full set of Screws plus some. A set of Shock rods for my teckno shocks.

I just need to get in and find out where that dang Clicking sound is coming from.

Its coming from the one part you don't have that is backordered for 3 months. LOL

I am so glad I bought a ton of extras when I was first starting with my Kraton. I have 2 extra front/rear gear boxes, 2 front rear diffs, a center diff, a set of front and rear a arms, 2 entire bell crank assemblies, a full set of stock shocks and ends, a full set of dog bones, a full set of turnbuckles and ends. a full set of Screws plus some. A set of Shock rods for my teckno shocks.

I just need to get in and find out where that dang Clicking sound is coming from.

LOL, I'm gonna be pissed if you are right. But I am pretty sure I have everything, bumper to bumper for the drive train. So I am pretty sure I'll be OK. I would hate to be in the boat you guys are in. That totally stinks.

Now I'm almost scared to go bash for fear of the Kraton having to sit for 3 months lol. Best bet would be try to find one from another brand that would fit for now??

You were smart to purchase extras. I will do the same if Arrma can get it together. The thing is.....we should not have to do this. The mere hint of a "can't get parts" reputation is the black plague in the rc world. When I'm thinking of buying a new rc, parts availability is pretty much my number one priority. Without good parts support, your awesome new truck is just a very expensive paper weight.

I would never think twice about an Associated, Mugen, Kyosho, Losi, Tekno parts availability problem. Parts support is the life blood of an rc companies reputation. It would be unthinkable for the previously mentioned companies to have parts shortages like Arrma is currently having. They know they can never let it happen because it damages their reputation.

Sure, backorders do happen from time to time with any company. However, it usually involves waiting 1 week at the most........not 2 or 3 months.

Clicking sound ! Front diff case
I recently bought what I think may be the last Kraton rod ends on the planet. I am looking for backups and cannot find them. Has anyone found a good replacement other than original Arrma? If you have, what part numbers are brand?
Dude there's shock rod ends on eBay for $8.00.
Don't mean to be smart ass but plenty parts in Aus
IMG_3708.PNG

They said they are finally shipping my motor mount after 2 plus months and said they will send rod ends too. Of course in a couple of weeks once they get stock. Oh and the orange version is not coming out until they have parts for existing vehicles. I'm amazed they will blatently lie like that but there you have it. I think any sane person knows the lead time for getting the orange trucks is more than a couple of weeks.

You can find sets of complete take off shocks on eBay for much less than retail for the components. I have a spare set up and simply swap the springs and mount them and wait for the shafts or rod ends to come in.

I also have extra parts like you plus a motor. Don't like being broke down.

Those shock rod ends on ebay went FAST (about 24 hours). They are now unavailable again. The shock shafts have been unavailable for a very very long time. You have shock shafts and rod ends available in Aus?

Those shock rod ends on ebay went FAST (about 24 hours). They are now unavailable again. The shock shafts have been unavailable for a very very long time. You have shock shafts and rod ends available in Aus?
I get them from this shop he normally has everything but checked this morning and I think he's out. Have a look anyway :)
http://www.mashobbies.com.au/

http://www.crazyhobbies.com.au/arrma-shock-part-set-compostite-2.html
Looks like this dude has them !!??

I get them from this shop he normally has everything but checked this morning and I think he's out. Have a look anyway :)
http://www.mashobbies.com.au/

http://www.crazyhobbies.com.au/arrma-shock-part-set-compostite-2.html
Looks like this dude has them !!??
http://www.ultimatetoys.com.au/adva...ch_in_description=1&keywords=Ar330203&x=0&y=0

That's fantastic that you have parts available in Aus. Here in the US, if you break certain commonly broken parts, you're toast. EBay can sometimes come to the rescue but not always. I'm looking for kraton shock shafts......its a total joke.....their are none. Their aren't any full shocks available on eBay right now either.

I see Tekno shocks (and trucks) in my future.

That's fantastic that you have parts available in Aus. Here in the US, if you break certain commonly broken parts, you're toast. EBay can sometimes come to the rescue but not always. I'm looking for kraton shock shafts......its a total joke.....their are none. Their aren't any full shocks available on eBay right now either.

I see Tekno shocks (and trucks) in my future.
Buy me here bra !!
http://www.ultimatetoys.com.au/adva...ch_in_description=1&keywords=Ar330251&x=0&y=0

Thanks Camo, I appreciate your effort to help me out. However, I just bought the Tekno full option kit shocks front and rear for my kraton. I'm done messing around with Arrma. I should not have to order parts from Australia. It's kinda outrageous..

Those shock shafts would probably cost me $35 by the time it was over.....lol:eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back