Servo replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ces'tLaVie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi there! I just want to ask for tips regarding servo replacement for my granite mega 2wd with brushed motor. I'm planning to have my stock servo replaced with Savox 1210SG Servo. Aside from the servo itself, what other parts must I consider to replace for compatibility with other stock parts and have a smooth run? Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ces'tLaVie

Servos are fairly stand-alone devices. The most common add-on is an aluminum servo horn, but I use the plastic horns that come with the servo on all my 1/10 and smaller cars. Just don't use the skinny one - I use the fat cross, and cut three arms off. Assuming the ball stud on the Granite has a nut on the back side, you should be able to reuse it.

Depending on the size and shape of the horn, you may need to clearance the underside of that servo cover thingamajobbie. Once you get all the linkages hooked up, lightly hold that cover in place by hand and run the steering back and forth. Get busy with a rotary tool if you feel it push up at all. I had to do this with a Hitec servo to get 100% travel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back