Outcast Servo advice???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just bought my outcast a week ago and my servo got damaged so now it makes a loud buzzing sound and it won't turn right. I know it has a 2 year warranty but I don't want it to happen again so I want to upgrade it and want to know which servo is the absolute best for this machine and what other parts I should get to go all g with the servo. An input will be greatly apprectiated. I'm a newbie so please be patient with me

http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390149 Grab one of these easy to fix. That's the cheep way or
https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-...igital-steel-gear-servo-sav-sw-1210sg/p262193 Is a good upgrade over the stock but pricy. I've got one in the Outcast and it's been gold.
I bought a hitec hs-8330sh it's super fast 0.085sec at 6.0volt and 0.07sec at 7.4volt but I didn't see until after I installed it that it only has 138.87oz.in torque at 6.0volt and 180.53oz.in at 7.4volt. I think I made a mistake

Make sure to pick up a better servo mount.

Last edited:
I bought a hitec hs-8330sh it's super fast 0.085sec at 6.0volt and 0.07sec at 7.4volt but I didn't see until after I installed it that it only has 138.87oz.in torque at 6.0volt and 180.53oz.in at 7.4volt. I think I made a mistake
Should be fine plenty of torque but not water proof.
The cnc servo mounts make a difference as well. I've got the GKA one which is sweet but a few people make them.

Should be fine plenty of torque but not water proof.
The cnc servo mounts make a difference as well. I've got the GKA one which is sweet but a few people make them.
Yea it's only splash proof didn't see that til after. I bought a hot racing servo mount, I couldn't find another brand besides gka but i couldn't find it in my local hobby store

Yea it's only splash proof didn't see that til after. I bought a hot racing servo mount, I couldn't find another brand besides gka but i couldn't find it in my local hobby store
That servo with the mount should be sweet. Let me know how it goes.

I run their towers in one of my outcasts and just ordered another set tonight for the second one!
Now if I can stop wrecking rear diffs...
How do the towers go ? They look sweet.
Do u run a tower to tower brace ?

That servo with the mount should be sweet. Let me know how it goes.

How do the towers go ? They look sweet.
Do u run a tower to tower brace ?
The towers are really easy to install and do beef things up very nicely. I got the blemish ones because, well, first it's a great idea and far better than scrapping! But also, this is an outcast, haha.

On my second outcast, with stock towers, I run carbon braces tower to tower. Both outcasts are about 50-75% upgraded over stock. One for the concrete park and one for general wreckage.

Will the tekno 25t servo horn TKR5253B fit on a hitec hs-8330sh? I just installed one this very minute and need to know if it's good to go or if it will strip the teeth
If the horn fits it should be all good bro. I haven't had any probs with the stock arrma servo horn.
So not really sure. Just make sure u set the steering end points. The Savox was pushing past the end point big time

I put the 1230 and a tekno mount on mine and im loving it. I know its not water proof but i keep mine out of water anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back