Senton Senton vs Slash platinum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what esc is it? Max8? Isn't that the only one they have with 7.4v bec?

From what I understand, it is the QuicRun 150. BEC is 6.0 now. The old BLX180 was a 7.4 BEC. The motor, I think, is from the EZrun line. The QuicRun motor is a smooth can.

The hobby wing line is, I think-

QuicRun - budget waterproof
EZRun - Basher grade waterproof.
XRun - Racer grade.

My buddy got his new Senton today. I noticed the steering seemed a little slower than the old truck. The new ESC is much much smoother. There is no longer a delay either. His truck seemed just as fast as my truck did when it was stock, maybe a little faster? I couldn't tell but it probably felt that way because of the delay the old ESC's had. The throttle is now nice and snappy.

The new body color looks freakin awesome. I was very impressed.

My buddy got his new Senton today. I noticed the steering seemed a little slower than the old truck. The new ESC is much much smoother. There is no longer a delay either. His truck seemed just as fast as my truck did when it was stock, maybe a little faster? I couldn't tell but it probably felt that way because of the delay the old ESC's had. The throttle is now nice and snappy.

The new body color looks freakin awesome. I was very impressed.

Great news on the throttle response! The servo speed does not surprise me - same servo, but now running on 6.0v instead of 7.4v. That also means it is no longer a 15kg servo. May still be fine for Senton/Typhon users, but bad news for the Kraton/Talion.

Summary: The Senton is awesome for bashing. You should get one.

I have a Senton and a 2WD Slash (stock 4 pole Velineon motor and ESC). They are very different vehicles. They seem equally fast top speed actually (2wd slash on 2S = Senton on 4S. Same for 3S vs 6S). If I changed to the larger pinion gear the Senton would be faster because I feel there is still room for the motor to stretch its legs, but I haven't bothered yet. That and the 2wd slash is lighter than the 4wd slash you are considering, so ultimately the Senton will be a little faster. But mainly the Senton is easier to drive fast due to the 4wd and the weight. The senton stays planted while the lighter Slash bounces around.

The Senton is fairly reliable but I did experience some of the common issues: tires unglued and wheels cracked, steering servo broke twice, wheel bearings don't last long. To their credit, ARRMA warranty repaired most of these items. Thank you ARRMA. The Senton has taken some big hits and is fine.

I have also run the Senton on an indoor clay track and it did pretty well with some 1/8 scale buggy track tires. The loud drivetrain is a little obnoxious indoors, but whatever.

One thing though, don't underestimate the cost of batteries. The Senton batteries will cost 2x. So if you want 3 sets of batteries for a bashing session the cost adds up. Also, don't bother with 4S batteries. Sure they work fine and they are very sensible, but on 6S the Senton goes from zero to ridiculous in 2.3 seconds!

It comes down to this: if you want to have the fastest SCT when you go bashing with your friends, then get the Senton.

About 2 months back.. i was sesrching out for my first rc.. being a total newbie i had nowhere else to look except for traxxas.. after a long search on which truck to select.. i thought the slash ultimate with tsm with lipo option ($629) would be ideal for me as it had all the aluminium upgrades and telemetry etc.. luckily it was out of stock (discontinued) and while it gets back in stock i thought to search for other brands which i had no idea about.. a week into the search i ended up with a senton 6s video and i was literally blown away by just seeing how durable and blazingly fast it was.. after going thru dozen of forums and slash threads i decided to not to go for the slash.. since u need a dozen of upgrades to make it so called perfect.. whereas the senton 6s is out the box a perfect bashing truck.. although i don't have any intentions of going near a track now or in the future, so senton was the best option for me.. watching numerous videos and reviews i finally bought the new senton 6s :)
You get a slash ultimate full option for $600.. lipo and a charger would get you $700.. i read many people have spend twice as much for the upgrades.. also many people say not to go for 3s on the stock motor as it gets really hot plus the plastic parts are v fragile too..if you have spare money.. slash ultimate could be a good option..otherwise you know.. :)
Now how much i have spent so far.. senton with 19t pinion.. $420 (after discount and including taxes), turnigy reaktor 300w ~$75, lipoconnection 12v 60a 750w power supply $38, 4s smc 6500 60c pack for ~$70, xt90 connectors, xt90 charging cable and xt90 anti spark connectors for $27.
so far i have crossed my initial budget but i have probably gotten the best stuff.. and still i have to buy a 6s pack which is easily $100.. Yes, 4s and 6s packs are expensive but you could opt for 2x2s or 2x3s packs aswell.. when comparing cost, it might be neck n neck (for me it is..thats if you don't have a charger/supply for 6s pack).. also traxxas spares are relatively expensive but v easy to get.. i am from the middle east where theres no traxxas or arrma but i still went for this senton.
To sum it up.. if ur not into racing and your only out for bashing.. senton without any doubt. Rest its totally ur choice :)

Im in the market for a new truck and I really like what the Senton has to offer. Before I buy I want to know if there is a better buy out there? Best rtr money can buy? All around winner?

It really depends on what you expect to do / get out of your car.

Cheapest decent quality 4wd SCT used to be the DHK hunter, but it seems like recently that kit price went up by about $100 - not as good of a deal. ECX Torment 4wd, if you get one of the new updated kits is good, and under $300, but brushed power. Older stock kits had issues with slipper clutch and stripping diffs. ECX apparently fixed the issues, but didn't do an "official" kit revision, so beware new-old-stock.

There are also some chinese slash clones out there for under $300. Questionable quality on all of them, though. Some better than others. I think the Remo kits are close to Traxxas quality.

But really, considering your can get it for about $370 from Tower, the Senton is the hands down value leader. The only down side I see is you need 4s, so you will lay out more for batteries and chargers vs the 2s SCT's.

I think the only time I would say "don't get the Senton" is if you want to race more than bash. Then, the Senton is IMHO, second place to a used Tekno SCT410 (any version) or used Losi SCTE RTR / TLR SCTE (2.0 or 3.0). Yes, you can race the Senton, but it is heavy, and most tracks will want you to swap the power to a 2s system.

Jerry

There was a thread over on RCTech about senton vs race grade. I seem to remember them saying there was almost a pound difference between the senton and the losi, with the tekno somewhere in the middle. A lot of that weight is in the chassis (may not matter) and in the driveline (really bad). OTOH, the Senton is a RTR of the Tema Durango DESC10, so the basic design is race worthy. For club racing, I suspect it would be fine.

I think both Senton and Slash have their pros and cons. The slash has so much aftermarket parts, its a wrenchers dream. But the Senton is so powerful and can take a beating!

Ive owned a hcg and low cg slash platinum. I don't own a senton, but 3 bashing buds own kratons and ive driven and worked on them a little too. There is absolutely no comparison between the top of the line trx sct and the arrma 1/8 platform... The slash doesn't stand a chance in the out of the box enjoyment you will exoerience. The design of the arma platform is leaps and bounds ahead in simplicity, durability and especially the v2 power system . If you want a bunch of aluminum hop ups for the senton, pretty much everything you could want is now available, so aftermarket support while not being as vast as the trx, is adequate, and don't think trx holds that big of edge in that department. Looking at current prices, i can get into a senton cheaper than a slash ultimate, and thats with 2 2s packs for trx and 2 4s packs for senton...

Its like comparing a bowling ball to a baseball...

Oh.... And this is coming from a traxxas fanboy lol

thanks jarry sorry for replying so late had troubles with my girlfriend :') ahaha so amazed by the responses i genuinely didnt think so many people would put time and effort into replying! im so indecisive but im leaning towards senton but slash wont let me go, smart mans money seems to be on the senton and i can see why

hey bro i run on a 1/10th scale track here in sydney, australia not very big my erevo brushless was far to big and powerful to run on it smoothly, even on 4s but i think thats due to how wide it is and the fact im not a very good driver yet! how does the senton corner? have u seen any lcg slash 4x4's on your local track? im definitely limited to 2s on my track but i don't know if ill be racing so much but definitely driving around often

Which 10th scale track u run on

Senton anyday, more planted on the rough, and basically indestructible, and certainly not over hyped price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back