Kraton Recommended Arrma Kraton & Talion Upgrades 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engine upgrades what have people gone withlm looking at the tekin r8 2650kv has anyone run with this engine

Last edited:
Would a controller / receiver be a recommended upgrade ? Only got my Kraton 2 weeks ago and it seems to pause trying to go into reverse... The car itself is a weapon though loving it

Would a controller / receiver be a recommended upgrade ? Only got my Kraton 2 weeks ago and it seems to pause trying to go into reverse... The car itself is a weapon though loving it
Welcome to ArrmaForum @westy. A radio system would be an upgrade but the stock radio isn't horrible. If you are wanting something much better without spending tons of money then I'd strongly suggest checking out the Futaba 4PLS.

You'll be able to use the radio system on multiple RC's and will last you a VERY long time.

i had same the same problem....... its just the throttle adjustment... put it back in the middle

I've got a couple questions. First, how do I know if my Kraton is a v1 or v2? And second, I just got my first good RC about a month ago, (quickly followed by my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Yes I have a problem.) and they all come with optional gearing but they all have warnings saying to only use for driving on flat hard surfaces not off road or lots of start and stopping. Is this true? Obviously I'd like them to go faster but not if it's going to burn out the motor.

I've got a couple questions. First, how do I know if my Kraton is a v1 or v2? And second, I just got my first good RC about a month ago, (quickly followed by my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Yes I have a problem.) and they all come with optional gearing but they all have warnings saying to only use for driving on flat hard surfaces not off road or lots of start and stopping. Is this true? Obviously I'd like them to go faster but not if it's going to burn out the motor.

V1 Kraton comes with a red motor and ESC (blx180), V2 comes with a black motor and ESC (blx185). V2 has other upgrades such as wing mount and front carriers. I find the stock pinion plenty fast enough on 6s, personally wouldn't raise it other than to do speed runs on the street.

V1 Kraton comes with a red motor and ESC (blx180), V2 comes with a black motor and ESC (blx185). V2 has other upgrades such as wing mount and front carriers. I find the stock pinion plenty fast enough on 6s, personally wouldn't raise it other than to do speed runs on the street.
ok thank you. One more question, I see someone mentioned to get a hobbywing program card for the esc. What does or can a program card do?

ok thank you. One more question, I see someone mentioned to get a hobbywing program card for the esc. What does or can a program card do?
Do you have your manual? The ESC options and how to change them are listed on pages 27-28. You don't need a hobbywing card to change them. But they should be fine from the factory, unless you have messed with them already.

Yes sir, same size. Im running Tekno orange springs all around, quite a bit stiffer also. You will want to up your oil to about 60-70 with them in my experience.
Do these "orange" tekno springs you're talking about have a model number ? Do you have a link that I can use to buy some ? I'm just confused about if these tekno orange ones are all the same or specific to arrma Kratons. Thanks and sorry for the newb question.

Back