Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you check it with more than one of the alarms? I buy mine 4 for $10 shipped from Amazon so I'd expect one of them to be bad before the $100 balancing charger. But anything is possible....
Not yet. I got 5 for $11. Going to check them today. Everything is brand new, so I suspect the cheap alarms, too.

what is the better choice between this two chargers?

https://www.banggood.com/Ultra-Powe...harger-Discharger-p-1030066.html?rmmds=search

or

https://www.banggood.com/Ultra-Powe...ual-Balance-Charger-Discharger-p-1094621.html

all the recommendation here is on the up120... am I missing something or the UP240 is a better choice?
regards,
uri
Looks like the 240 is capable of charging up to 20 amps as the 120 charges up to 12 amps. So I guess it really depends on your individual needs.

I've not seen that UP240 before. Looks like a newer version of the up120, but with power sharing. The UP120AC can do 120w per channel, so it has a 240w power supply. This new UP240AC looks to have the same 240W power supply, but one channel can use that full amount, if needed. The total wattage of both channels still can't be greater than 240w, though. So for charging two batteries that are the same, you will will be using the same charge rates as the UP120AC. If you want to hammer on battery at big amps, or just charge a big 6s pack, then use only one channel, and you can push 20A/240W on that one channel.

Seems to me the UP240AC is an upgrade, but not a huge one. Compared to something like the Reaktor 300/20a x2, it will not charge 2 packs at 200w, but having a built in power supply is an advantage.

Last observation - the UP240AC does have a DC input. Some 'power distribution' chargers, if running on DC power, can provide full power to both channels. I don't see this noted anywhere on the Banggood website, but it might be worth checking out, if you have the charger.

What is the best budget charger that i can bu from banggood up to 120$+-?
I'm newbe with kraton and two 5000mah 4s batteries.
Regards,
Uri

What is the best budget charger that i can bu from banggood up to 120$+-?
I'm newbe with kraton and two 5000mah 4s batteries.
Regards,
Uri
Within those limits, that new UP240AC looks tempting. My second option would probably be the Charsoon 300w 20a single channel, and a balance board to charge several batteries at one time. But I would prefer a proper 2 channel charger over a single channel and a BB.

I never wanted to worry about not having enough power to charge multiple packs simultaneously, so I use an iCharger 308DUO with a Hitec ePowerbox 50A power supply (1200W output capability).

It's way overkill for most, but I can throw 4 sets of 4S packs (7200mAh ea) on there and charge at 2C without issue.

I did by this one Skyrc D100v2.
2 Channel can charge lixx from 1-6 cells what is good for me.

SkyRC_D100_V2_100131_1.jpg

Venom pro duo still a good choice these days? I only have 1 car and 2 batteries and not planning to get many or anymore...This seems like a good one based on what I've seen?

I just bought one, and so far no complaints !!
Check YouTube for programming tips, and then the manual makes a little more sense.

I like that you can preload the data for your different batteries and then just pull it up when your ready to charge.

So I'm looking at the venom quad pro.

***Update***
So venom emailed me back on the question of if the 7 amps was shared across all channels and they said. The charger has four individual 100w 7 amp charger power supplies in it.
Venom also said that they do not recommend charging batteries in series meaning multiple batteries connected to the same port
So with that being said. Would it be ok for me to connect two 3s 5200 may lipo Batts in series to be charged in balance mode?

Last edited:
If each channel has 7 amps, then don't series the batteries. Charge them from 2 different channels so you can do 1c for each.

While you could series charge them on one channel (if you make a balance plug adaptor) you would then have a 6s 5200mah pack, and the 100w max would not let you get to 1c (5.2a) 100w will max out around 4.5a for 6s, I think.

Ah ok I'll keep them to individual ports then.
I was under the impression it was best to balance them all together rather than each battery individually.

My Junsi 4010 is still kicking after a few years now and filling up any of my 6s packs in around 15 minutes including balancing.

Ah ok I'll keep them to individual ports then.
I was under the impression it was best to balance them all together rather than each battery individually.
Nope - each battery will have it's own port and own balance board (comes). Duo/Quad for that matter are good 'cheap' (i mean that in a rather good way) easy to use chargers but as you get into high MAH you just have to be patient because it will take a LONG time. I have the Vquad and to be honest since getting my i-charger 4010 duo it's main duty is 1/2 cell.

Take a look at the reviews on the site you linked to above. 3 out of 4 reviewers reported having problems with the power switch. That does not sound good to me.
yeah saw those. but a on/off button that is prone to sticking isnt really a big issue. that may happen during the shipping process if its a poorly designed button. I figure what matters is how it charges. Still @$229 one would expect something like an on/off not being an issue even if its a easily fixed minor issue.

looking at both skyrc chargers and isdt chargers

Back