RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......Now @WoodiE is gonna go back to that store....
with an rc car in each hand.. ..
When they look at him funny, he will say
"I just need to find a part" he will keep walking and not skip a beat..
he will set the two cars down on the endcap..
Take the bodys off of the cars and set them to the side..
Then he will grab some of those tools hanging up there for sale ..
He will then strategicly place some tools around the table to make it look as if he was actually working on the rc cars..
Then he will pull out his trusty phone again from his pocket..
He then presses the camera app and takes a selfie...examines the picture, even though he knows he set everything up perfectly. Happy with his perfection he, quickly puts the bodys back on...puts the tools back on the shelf..
Swoops up the 2 cars by the bumpers.. , as if none of it had happened..and heads out the door, as he replys to the same employee.. "you didnt have the part". He gets to his car and drives home. Smilling and grinning the hole way...Gets home, logs on to the forum.. and post the picture he had just taken.. knowing that the forums will...NEVER KNOW!!!

Last edited:
......Now @WoodiE is gonna go back to that store....
with an rc car in each hand.. ..
When they look at him funny, he will say
"I just need to find a part" he will keep walking and not skip a beat..
he will set the two cars down on the endcap..
Take the bodys off of the cars and set them to the side..
Then he will grab some of those tools hanging up there for sale ..
He will then strategicly place some tools around the table to make it look as if he was actually working on the rc cars..
Then he will pull out his trusty phone again from his pocket..
He then presses the camera app and takes a selfie...examines the picture, even though he knows he set everything up perfectly. Happy with his perfection he, quickly puts the bodys back on...puts the tools back on the shelf..
Swoops up the 2 cars by the bumpers.. , as if none of it had happened..and heads out the door, as he replys to the same employee.. "you didnt have the part". He gets to his car and drives home. Smilling and grinning the hole way...Gets home, logs on to the forum.. and post the picture he had just taken.. knowing that the forums will...NEVER KNOW!!!

:D

Well a few more tools have been added, a computer, and it's a bit messy due to a Traxxas Stampede project I'm working on right now.

workbench02.jpg

Are you documenting your Stampede project anywhere? With 3 Stampedes in my house, I'd be interested in following along.

Messy? Lol..yeah right .. my story was close. Exept he only brought one car, that was in 2 halfs. A half for each hand, and no selfie... Nice touch adding the shocks and misc parts spread around, makes the pic almost look believe able.... Its not messy unless you are missing parts but yet have added parts... Nice @WoodiE ! Some of us can only dream of such an organized workstation!!

Messy? Lol..yeah right .. my story was close. Exept he only brought one car, that was in 2 halfs. A half for each hand, and no selfie... Nice touch adding the shocks and misc parts spread around, makes the pic almost look believe able.... Its not messy unless you are missing parts but yet have added parts... Nice @WoodiE ! Some of us can only dream of such an organized workstation!!

It is nice, as you work your way into a repair, being able to have any tool needed at your fingertips, as you said, is just a dream for most of us. Having an exploded view diagram on the monitor when entering unfamiliar areas or March Madness when doing routine maintenance, like shocks, would make a guy's haven. With a mini-fridge underneath, I'd only need to come out to bash an RC or pee.

It's still a work in progress but I started cleaning out my grandfathers old workshop in the basement. I have the monitor, cables and wireless keyboard and mouse that i plan to mount and setup in there as well (my pc is on the other side of the wall).

2016-03-31 17.25.02.jpg 2016-03-31 17.25.09.jpg 2016-03-31 17.25.13.jpg 2016-03-31 17.25.20.jpg 2016-03-31 17.25.40.jpg

Then of course even with all that nice work space.... I still setup the fold out table in the basement so i can watch tv or movies when i'm working on my RC's

2016-03-31 17.30.45.jpg

and yes that is genuine 1970's shag carpet on the floor that i just can't motivate myself to get rid of.... i'm too scared of whats living underneath that might try and eat me.

Ordered a HPI mat 2 months ago from Tower. It now says mid September. I guess I'll have it for my winter projects! The old towel on the kitchen table will have to work for now. (The garage workbench project is a work in progress right now)

Ordered a HPI mat 2 months ago from Tower. It now says mid September. I guess I'll have it for my winter projects! The old towel on the kitchen table will have to work for now. (The garage workbench project is a work in progress right now)

Thumb's up to "kitchen counter RC surgery"!

Last edited:
My back ordered HPI mat is now due early Aug. instead of mid Sep. HPI must have chartered a "faster" boat from China!!

Back