Raider XL BLX - Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've successfully put together the lights and put on my badlands but unfortunately haven't had a chance to run after my first run with the lights ended up with a cartwheel and a snapped steering pin. I will update the thread soon with all my findings!

Greatly written, thanks a lot! What screws did you use to fasten the aluminum side plates (AR320200) to the chassis?

I used 8mm AR721308 on parts that were only plate to chassis and 10mm or 12mm in parts that had another part to pass through. Look up the exploded view from the 2014 BLX raider. It came with the chassis brace as standard and you can see the screws that were used.

Raffa. What did you use for the shock covers? The black ones shown in one of your photos? Thanks

They are from the T-Bone website. Got them at the same time I ordered the bumpers!

I've successfully put together the lights and put on my badlands but unfortunately haven't had a chance to run after my first run with the lights ended up with a cartwheel and a snapped steering pin. I will update the thread soon with all my findings!

Did you run those Badlands yet? How are they?

Hey Mudman, sorry for late reply

I did end up getting a session in with the Badlands. I really really enjoyed them more than anything else on the loose dirt. I think the trenchers would be best suited for harder packed dirt surfaces.

Been wanting to post about my LED's and stuff for a while now but haven't had a chance to put something decent together.
But I did end up putting the LED's in and with a little soldering and some 3mm Red LED's from the local electronics shop and some wire I was able to make the kit work well with the XL raider. I had some problems with range of the wires. But it all fits in nicely and looks awesome. I toyed with putting a cage net system in but ended up deciding against it. I got my local hobby shop to change the bullet connectors into my LiPo to come out at a 90 degree angle which made a huge difference with room in the roll cage with all the electronics that are in there now.

For those who are thinking of putting a LED light kit on their 1/10 scale ARRMA and are worried about waterproofing the controller for the LED's I used a balloon and some zip ties to try and protect it a little from dirt and water.

I will update at a later time with more details of the little modifications I used.
If anyone has any questions let me know!

Alright. Can you tell me whether the Badlands ballooned up much when you were running them? Thanks

Raffa. What do you need these TVP Aluminium LWB Plate (AR320200) for? Is there noticeable improvement in handling, etc.? Thanks

Raffa. What do you need these TVP Aluminium LWB Plate (AR320200) for? Is there noticeable improvement in handling, etc.? Thanks

It's basically to improve the strength of the chassis. It means that if you manage to land hard off a jump at the wrong angle or roll it won't twist the chassis or snap it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back