Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Raider XL BLX as poor as a china rc car?

Discussion in 'Raider' started by Skid, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Skid

Skid Well-Known Member

Just spend 300€ on a Raider xl blx.....
    so not worth it, on the first run on 2s at half speed, it hit a poste and straight the hole right front ( strreing arm, shock, rod...) broke off and a part of the back as well.
    this car is not worth to be called a ( brand name) buggy if it cant take a smal crash, its not comparable with my Kraton, its not something you would expect from Arrma, its like a cheap china rc car, and has a lot more down sides.
    i'm really frustrated and dissepointed that Arrma puts that on the market as a brand car.
    so after 1,5 minutes of fun, now it's weeks of waiting for spare parts and a few houres of replacing it all.... deffenetly uncool ,

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

You smack into a post then complain things broke? Um okay, but it seems like you're pointing the blame in the wrong direction. :rolleyes:

Aflan and Brakemanbobsmith like this.
  3. slick2500

slick2500 Well-Known Member

Rc car into pole = bad day no matter what. There is a pole near my house that has taken out almost ever rc I own at least once. Even my Summit has seen its wrath.

4. Skid

Skid Well-Known Member

I know, but it wasnt all that fast, and when the waranty says that Arrma cars are desinged to take a punesment, than you expect that it would not brake 5 parts, specialy wen running on half speed at 2s....
    i also have a Kraton, now that thing can take a beating... big time on full speed at 4S

5. Brakemanbobsmith

Brakemanbobsmith Well-Known Member

Newtons 3rd Law
    For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    The statment means that in every iteraction, there is a pair of forces on the two interacting objects.
    Moving car solid object stuff breaks!
    Get over it!
    Practice your driving skills.

6. jlyon40

jlyon40 Well-Known Member

Ever since they cheaped out on the BLX and made it with less metal parts, I have a BLX that was the original with all the metal and that thing is a tank, I have heard a lot though about the newer cheaper BLX's being not as durable.

7. jlyon40

jlyon40 Well-Known Member

One upgrade that they did give the raider which it desperately needed was better dogbones. Before the newer Raider BLX came out I was going through a lot of dogbones and Outdrives.

Rdub likes this.
  8. s14tat

s14tat Active Member

I jumped into a fence pole at a baseball field and only my back wheel came contact with the pole, it ripped the entire rear suspension off and bent the hinge pins on the lower control arms on my talion. I wasn't going that fast either, but that's what happens when you hit a immovable object. I wasn't even mad, I just know never to jump towards a fence ever again.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer