Quit Smoking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to quit before
Only lasted 2 days lmao
Now im on second month
Everyone around me including the gasoline station wherei use to buy my cig. From
Cant believed i stop smoking just like that
And th3y ask me what made me stop
I told them
I woke up one morning i look at my cig. Pack
And told my self never again i let you control me
Ill kill my self before i touch another stick of cig.
I swear il hang my self
Than going back to smoking and slowly killing my self

Last edited:
To all who have severed the ball and chain of the nicotine addiction; my heartiest of congratulations!
It's a tough thing to do.
The tobacco companies made it difficult through genetic manipulations of the plant that took the nicotine content to highs never known before.
I can't imagine any of you feel worse when you wake every AM, I'm positive you feel much better.
My Mom died of pancreatic cancer, unrelated to smoking.
She tried for decades to quit and could not.
But when she received her fatal C-diagnosis, Pop said she came home that day, looked at the cigarettes and said "this is stupid!"
She tossed them out, cold turkey and moved on till the cancer took her life 10 months later.
In the mean time, after 40+ years of smoking, her lungs,amazingly cleared up in 2 months!
Sorry for the long lead in; but to those who have quit, I hope you find her recovery to be a pat on the back and encouraging.

I was often skeptical about the them saying your lungs started to clear up as soon as you stopped, but I guess it's true. Sorry about your mom. I just lost my dad this past March. He smoked for prob 50 years of his life. Stopped after his surgery on an aortic aneurysm at age 70. He also fought multiple myeloma for almost 15 years (who knows if the smoking causes it but I'm sure it didn't help). I was stupid for a while but so glad I stopped..... and good luck to all those trying to stop!!!!
Now I need to cut back on those IPA's;).

I was often skeptical about the them saying your lungs started to clear up as soon as you stopped, but I guess it's true. Sorry about your mom. I just lost my dad this past March. He smoked for prob 50 years of his life. Stopped after his surgery on an aortic aneurysm at age 70. He also fought multiple myeloma for almost 15 years (who knows if the smoking causes it but I'm sure it didn't help). I was stupid for a while but so glad I stopped..... and good luck to all those trying to stop!!!!
Now I need to cut back on those IPA's;).
My condolences on your Dad. Lost mine a couple years back. They say when your last parent dies, your childhood officially ends.
I guess that's why I love RC so much, it keeps my inner child alive.
I have a yen for the IPAs too, but they are so rich and filling, I can barely finish 2. Found by having really good beers, I drink less. ;)

Well, Just wanted to say it's been a bit rough quitting but I have no desire to go back. I will admit I have been smoking a little now and then, but only to get through a stressful day. Nothing major, just a cigarette here and there, but it made me sick to my stomach and reminded me why I am quitting in the first place. The vaping helps me and I think it'll be gone soon as well!!!

Well, Just wanted to say it's been a bit rough quitting but I have no desire to go back. I will admit I have been smoking a little now and then, but only to get through a stressful day. Nothing major, just a cigarette here and there, but it made me sick to my stomach and reminded me why I am quitting in the first place. The vaping helps me and I think it'll be gone soon as well!!!
One thing helped me to quit a bad habit was to make it hurt in the wallet by putting $20 into a jar on every mishap, then promised to donate the $'s to a charity I do not support, the United Way [too corrupt for my taste]. Decided if the $20 wasn't painful enough, I'd step up to C notes, but the $20's made it. When I successfully quit the bad habit for 6 months straight, went to an audible and gave the money to a charity I do support and like, American Cancer Society. The "jar" concept has to go to someone else, else you'll be rewarding yourself for bad behavior.

Good luck on quitting completely. A book titled the Pleasure Trap explains why "occasional indulgences" are the absolute worst thing of all.

Last edited:
I catch myself a lot more than I don't. Just a hiccup now and then, so there's no need to do the money thing for me. Maybe give up one of my Arrmas instead!??? That'll do it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back