Outcast Question regading servo replacement & horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOT 88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Found this forum last evening while researching the Traxxas/Hobbico matter and decided to join up. Was wondering why nobody can get a Nero, and landed here.

At any rate, I replaced the stock ADS-15 servo in my outcast along with a voltage hobbies servo mount. The replacement I used was a Hitec HS-7955T which is 24t, so of course the stock 25t servo horn wont work.... I've bought a few different horns, including a Losi one and Arrma one (AR 340056) but they are too short and do not have the clearance needed not to drag the nylon nut across the top of the servo. I have searched and see a lot of people talking about using the Hitec or Savox servos but not much info about the horns. Any advice?

What model Savox did you go with?

I finally gave up, sent the 24t Hitec servo back to Tower and bought a Savox 1210. I just threw the stock 25t horn back in. This servo seems a bit taller but link from the horn to the servo saver arm has roughly the same angle as the stock servo in my Kraton.

I'm really happy with this Savox servo. It is much faster that the Hitec.

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

I have the same one as you. My servo mount is from GKA though so maybe that's why I needed the spacer.

What model Savox did you go with?

I finally gave up, sent the 24t Hitec servo back to Tower and bought a Savox 1210. I just threw the stock 25t horn back in. This servo seems a bit taller but link from the horn to the servo saver arm has roughly the same angle as the stock servo in my Kraton.

I'm really happy with this Savox servo. It is much faster that the Hitec.

View attachment 12620
View attachment 12621

How Savox SAVSW1210SG performed?
is it stronger and durable more than the stock one?

How Savox SAVSW1210SG performed?
is it stronger and durable more than the stock one?

Yes it is MUCH BETTER. However, there are a couple SAVOX that are not water proof like the 1210SG and can be had for less money. Had I thought about the fact that we get very little rain in Socal, I probably would have paid less for a non-waterproof version.

Yes it is MUCH BETTER. However, there are a couple SAVOX that are not water proof like the 1210SG and can be had for less money. Had I thought about the fact that we get very little rain in Socal, I probably would have paid less for a non-waterproof version.
Great, it's working on that beast. The waterproof feature is great and makes you feel comfortable to drive it anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back