Outcast Quality of stock plastic parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
I am not new to this hobby and have Rc vehicles that are 20+ years old and the plastic stuff is holding up great. The Outcast on the other hand the quality of the plastic seems to be pretty bad quality. A lot of the plastic seems to be too soft and flexible. I don't torque down the screws I just get them nice and snug. Most of this I found stripped out of the box.
  • Body mounts all holes stripped out and I started loosing screws after 3 packs.
  • Battery tray has 1 stripped out screw hole.
  • Receiver box all screw holes are stripped to hold the lid down.
  • Esc tray 1 stripped out screw hole.
  • Rear bulkhead 1 stripped out screw hole in the bottom.
  • Center Diff mount 1 stripped out screw hole.
  • 1 Pillow ball screw cross threaded.
To be honest I was pretty disappointed in the way my Outcast was assembled. I heard from Rpm that Arrma recently started using a different manufacturer for their products and I am sure this has a lot to do with this.

Guess I would like to hear from people who got their Arrma vehicles last year and from those who just recently got theirs to see if its just a fluke or if it is a reoccurring issue.

Last edited:
My Senton, Typhon and Kraton were purchased last year and I haven't had any problems with stripped out screws except the screws in the rear bumper of the Senton, but they are too short of screws to begin with.

The screws aren't stripped its the screw holes that are.

When did you buy your outcast? I have had mine for around 7 months and have not had any of these issues.

Your car must have been assembled after lunch on a Friday. That sucks man. I would reach out to Arrma, and give them the same list. They are pretty good on the customer service side.

Your car must have been assembled after lunch on a Friday. That sucks man. I would reach out to Arrma, and give them the same list. They are pretty good on the customer service side.

I think they did it before lunch, in a rush to go eat.

That's the first complaint I've heard about arrma plastics

It's weird all the stuff I have replaced has been just fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back