Outcast Outcast steering problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmettman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was jumping my outcast a few days ago and I had a bad landing. I checked the car out and everything looked okay but the steering quit, it turned a little bit but just barely. I shut it off and turned the wheel with my hand and it turned but then it'd just pop back to where it was when I let go. I tighter the servo saver and loosed the bolt holding it in place and it felt normal again, everything turned like normal when the car was in the air or when I turned it with my hand. I put it on the ground and it turned more, but it also turned more right than left and it still didn't turn nearly as sharp as it used to. I don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?

Check the servo first and see if the gears are stripped in there. Was there any binding by the pillow balls?

Posted a pic. Behind those red circles, I forgot what those were called, are the pillow balls. Some times those red circles (they screw into the knuckles) can be screwed on too tight, causes the pillow balls to bind with the knuckle and mess with the steering. This happened to me yesterday. See if those are too tight, loosen them up just a hair if they are. But also, check the servo too.

Attachments

• ARRMA-typhon-04.tifxxx.jpg
    ARRMA-typhon-04.tifxxx.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 85
Posted a pic. Behind those red circles, I forgot what those were called, are the pillow balls. Some times those red circles (they screw into the knuckles) can be screwed on too tight, causes the pillow balls to bind with the knuckle and mess with the steering. This happened to me yesterday. See if those are too tight, loosen them up just a hair if they are. But also, check the servo too.
I checked the pillow balls and they seemed fine. Now to check the servo do I actually open it and check the gears or should I be able to feel it when I turn the wheels?

Open it up and check them. Four screws on the bottom of the servo. Once you take those out, the top will come off. Also, don't forget to take the servo horn off. I have an extra Arrma servo laying around. I'll crack it open and post a pic in a little bit if you'd like?

Open it up and check them. Four screws on the bottom of the servo. Once you take those out, the top will come off. Also, don't forget to take the servo horn off. I have an extra Arrma servo laying around. I'll crack it open and post a pic in a little bit if you'd like?
That would help a ton!

Alrighty. I get it out of the tool box and snap a pic.

Here it is with the top taken off and a pic of the screws. Once you take the screws out, just wiggle the top and gently lift it up.
20170809_174739.jpg
20170809_174820.jpg

Attachments

• 20170809_174554.jpg
    20170809_174554.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 64
Alrighty. I get it out of the tool box and snap a pic.

Here it is with the top taken off and a pic of the screws. Once you take the screws out, just wiggle the top and gently lift it up. View attachment 11325 View attachment 11326
I opened up the servo yesterday and all the gears were fine, none were missing any teeth. I'm starting to wonder if maybe something isn't lined up right or maybe there is something wrong with the servo saver. I'm starting to get frustrated and I don't know what to try next.

Ok, I went back and read your original post again to see if I missed anything. You checked your servo saver and that's fine. Did you try adjusting your trim on your radio? If that doesn't work something might bent in there some where. Let me know if that works. I'm at work right now, and when I get home I'll take a look at mine so I cn get a better idea of what else could mess with the steering.

Check on the servo saver again. Mine worked it's way loose and had the same issues. The stock servo mount is garbage. the servo moves a ton in there so tighten up the servo saver nut pretty good. If the truck is on the ground turn the wheel and see how far the servo saver is separating. I have the voltage hobbies servo mount and a savox 1231sg in mine now. I just have an issue keeping the servo saver tight enough.

Check on the servo saver again. Mine worked it's way loose and had the same issues. The stock servo mount is garbage. the servo moves a ton in there so tighten up the servo saver nut pretty good. If the truck is on the ground turn the wheel and see how far the servo saver is separating. I have the voltage hobbies servo mount and a savox 1231sg in mine now. I just have an issue keeping the servo saver tight enough.
I have this same issue how do you tighten the servo saver

Hi guy this is my first post. Today I had pretty much the same problem this was my third time out with my brand new outcast and I took a small jump and landed good but I lost my steering. It steered fine in reverse but not forward. I thought it was the horn but ended up being the servo. I replaced it with a Savox 1230 and also put a tekno servo mount on it. Awesome!!! T urns amazing and no movement on the servo anymore cost me about 110.00 but well worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back