Outcast Outcast shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fahd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I rebuilt my shocks, used the washer mod, put Tekno springs on and put a little heavier oil in. (Not too bad...50r, 60f.) Now the weak spot is the shock shaft. Went out today to try the new ramp I built, got three jumps in (no higher than normal) and broke said shock shaft.

So my question is...has anyone tried these shocks? A lot of that HSP stuff seems to work with Arrma vehicles. My thinking is this: If I have to spend ten bucks to get two shock shafts and spend all that time rebuilding my shocks, why don't I just buy these shocks (which seem to look just as good as the Arrma shocks, but with a larger shock shaft) and have them laying around ready for installation when a shaft breaks? For the price I'm paying for Arrma parts, I could just replace the entire HSP shock and trash the broken one, lol.

Now I know that you get what you pay for. I'll be purchasing the complete Tekno shocks eventually...but I've put a shitload of money into this truck in repairs lately and while at first it was fun and I was fine with it, I'm getting a tad annoyed now. I broke the Outcast in 3 jumps. Took the 4wd Stampede out, jumped the very same jump through 2 battery packs and nothing broke. /sigh

Anyway...anyone else tried them?

I haven't tried them but for 10 bucks they might be good bashing shocks. They seem like about the right length for the rears. I saw some of the same ones that were slightly shorter that would probably be a good option for the front. The ball ends look a bit weak but with the 4me shaft you could use tekno ends.

So I rebuilt my shocks, used the washer mod, put Tekno springs on and put a little heavier oil in. (Not too bad...50r, 60f.) Now the weak spot is the shock shaft. Went out today to try the new ramp I built, got three jumps in (no higher than normal) and broke said shock shaft.

So my question is...has anyone tried these shocks? A lot of that HSP stuff seems to work with Arrma vehicles. My thinking is this: If I have to spend ten bucks to get two shock shafts and spend all that time rebuilding my shocks, why don't I just buy these shocks (which seem to look just as good as the Arrma shocks, but with a larger shock shaft) and have them laying around ready for installation when a shaft breaks? For the price I'm paying for Arrma parts, I could just replace the entire HSP shock and trash the broken one, lol.

Now I know that you get what you pay for. I'll be purchasing the complete Tekno shocks eventually...but I've put a shitload of money into this truck in repairs lately and while at first it was fun and I was fine with it, I'm getting a tad annoyed now. I broke the Outcast in 3 jumps. Took the 4wd Stampede out, jumped the very same jump through 2 battery packs and nothing broke. /sigh

Anyway...anyone else tried them?

So did you try them, how did they work?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back