Outcast Outcast oil recommendation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a outcast and was looking for a good shock and diff oil recommendation for your typical bashing.
Shock oil weight can really vary from one person to the next and what type of terrain you're running on. I've seen several members suggest running 50-60wt oil but I normally suggest people buying something like a Team Losi shock oil pack, this way you can experiment on your own and find the weight that best suits your own personal needs.

I was trying to avoid buying a bunch of shock and diff oil so I wouldn't have a dozen that I don't use. But that might be my only choice. Thanks for the reply.

I was trying to avoid buying a bunch of shock and diff oil so I wouldn't have a dozen that I don't use. But that might be my only choice. Thanks for the reply.
I've ran 50/100/20k front to rear diff fluid for months in my Outcast. Works well overall. Whichever shock setup you decide, I'd just recommend not making it too stiff or you're more likely to stress the shock components and break parts.

Thanks alot rich. I find the stock shock setup with the spring retainer all the way down front and rear to be ok for average bashing.i definitely want a little stiffer for going big. I just wish the springs were longer.

I was running 60wt shock oil up front with Tekno orange springs with the collars wound about 9mm down, 42.5wt in the rear with Tekno orange springs with the collars at 15mm. The fronts were about perfect for my liking but the rears need heavier oil, going to try the 60wt in them here soon. I'm now running Tekno MT410 shocks up front, because I kept bending the stock shock shafts, with the 60wt oil and the Tekno orange springs at 5mm. The Tekno shocks feel a lot smoother than the Arrmas did as well. I also haven't bent a shock shaft since.

For diffs I'm running 60k/100k/7k front/center/rear. And it's a night and day difference over stock, my front tires don't instantly turn into dinner plates. I can almost back flip on 4s and the 16t pinion with this setup. I am thinking of swapping some 50k into the front to see if I can get a little more steering for when I'm messing around on the track.

100-200k in the center seems to be the general consensus.

I was running 60wt shock oil up front with Tekno orange springs with the collars wound about 9mm down, 42.5wt in the rear with Tekno orange springs with the collars at 15mm. The fronts were about perfect for my liking but the rears need heavier oil, going to try the 60wt in them here soon. I'm now running Tekno MT410 shocks up front, because I kept bending the stock shock shafts, with the 60wt oil and the Tekno orange springs at 5mm. The Tekno shocks feel a lot smoother than the Arrmas did as well. I also haven't bent a shock shaft since.

For diffs I'm running 60k/100k/7k front/center/rear. And it's a night and day difference over stock, my front tires don't instantly turn into dinner plates. I can almost back flip on 4s and the 16t pinion with this setup. I am thinking of swapping some 50k into the front to see if I can get a little more steering for when I'm messing around on the track.

100-200k in the center seems to be the general consensus.

tell us how it goes when you try 50k into the front

Thanks alot rich. I find the stock shock setup with the spring retainer all the way down front and rear to be ok for average bashing.i definitely want a little stiffer for going big. I just wish the springs were longer.
No problem bud. Yeah the short springs were a complaint that Arrma addressed with the new V3s now released. Props to them for listening to customer feedback and acting upon it!!!

Yea I did see that, I guess I should've waited. I have no regrets though, that truck is a freak show. It laughs at 60' jumps all day.
I couldn't agree more...Lol. The V3s came out sorta quietly. I'm sure many would've waited had they known. I'm planning to slowly upgrade my shocks at least. Waiting to see pricing as the eBay chop shops get inventory. Might go with a different brand shock depending on cost and availability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back