Outcast diff oil setup discussion !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh so your motor doesn't spin? I would definitely tear it apart and see what is going on in there.

Yeah it don't spin unless i really push the truck hard i haven't noticed any flaws running it yet but i figured id just throw this 200k in before i take it back out

Yeah it don't spin unless i really push the truck hard i haven't noticed any flaws running it yet but i figured id just throw this 200k in before i take it back out
This is how my Kraton, Typhon and Senton have been since new. I believe that it's because of the center differential being open and not being a locked slipper clutch. I will double check again tonight when I get home but I'm 90% sure that it's supposed to do that when you turn both rear wheels with the fronts in the air. Just like if you like the whole thing up and turn one rear wheel, the other wheel wheel will turn the opposite way.

The only way that my motor will turn is if I am turning the front & rear wheels together I believe.

This is how my Kraton, Typhon and Senton have been since new. I believe that it's because of the center differential being open and not being a locked slipper clutch. I will double check again tonight when I get home but I'm 90% sure that it's supposed to do that when you turn both rear wheels with the fronts in the air. Just like if you like the whole thing up and turn one rear wheel, the other wheel wheel will turn the opposite way.

The only way that my motor will turn is if I am turning the front & rear wheels together I believe.
Weird my motor turns when I just roll it on either the front or rear tires.

I just finished up installing tekno springs and rpm a arms and i was checking to make sure everything spun free with bump stops where i had them and noticed when i spun the rear it just spun the diff not the motor i wanted to just make sure nothing was tore up.

Am I doing something wrong that I cannot find 150k wt diff oil? I can find 100k and 200k but I get zero results when looking for 150k.
if you can't get 150k of the fluid you want but can get 100k and 200k buy a syringe with a blunt tip needle can get them from vape supply websites.

to get 150k you'll want to mix the two at a 40.8%(100k)/59.2%(200k) ratio if my math is correct.
Say you want to make 15 ml of 150k take 8.88ml of 200k and 6.12ml of 100k and mix the two together thoroughly before putting it in the diff.
Or to make things easier later on if you plan to mix more. Fully clean your diff out so there's no contaminants and measure out how much liquid fits into a single diff in ml using the syringe. Can be done with a diff you don't plan to mix oils with.
then take that amount and throw it into a vape liquid calculator with the above %'s 40.8/59.2 to get the exact amount you need for the diff. You can then place both liquid amounts in the diff without the need to premix from that point forward... the gears inside will do the mixing for you and there wont be any added air bubbles that would come from premixing the two fluids.

I just finished up installing tekno springs and rpm a arms and i was checking to make sure everything spun free with bump stops where i had them and noticed when i spun the rear it just spun the diff not the motor i wanted to just make sure nothing was tore up.

The motor is stiff to rotate manually but you should be able to do it easily by way of the spur gear. The stock oil is really runny so go with stiffer stuff.

if you can't get 150k of the fluid you want but can get 100k and 200k buy a syringe with a blunt tip needle can get them from vape supply websites.

to get 150k you'll want to mix the two at a 40.8%(100k)/59.2%(200k) ratio if my math is correct.
Say you want to make 15 ml of 150k take 8.88ml of 200k and 6.12ml of 100k and mix the two together thoroughly before putting it in the diff.
Or to make things easier later on if you plan to mix more. Fully clean your diff out so there's no contaminants and measure out how much liquid fits into a single diff in ml using the syringe. Can be done with a diff you don't plan to mix oils with.
then take that amount and throw it into a vape liquid calculator with the above %'s 40.8/59.2 to get the exact amount you need for the diff. You can then place both liquid amounts in the diff without the need to premix from that point forward... the gears inside will do the mixing for you and there wont be any added air bubbles that would come from premixing the two fluids.
I was able to find some.

@Weaverdad09 I checked all three of my vehicles and they all turn the front tires the opposite way when it is rolled on both rear tires, which to me makes perfect sense with my understanding of how the differentials work. Also, when I roll the vehicle on the left tires, the right tires turn the opposite way and same for the right side.

The motor does not spin when doing this unless I push it hard enough/fast enough. A side note is that my Typhon has been shimmed and filled with stock diff oils and my Kraton and Senton have not had anything done to them and are still running stock diff oils.

So to me, based on how my three vehicles behave, yours is perfectly normal and doesn't have any issues.

@slick2500 I am assuming that you are running thicker center differential oil? If so, this could be why yours turns the motor and the front tires in the same direction when pushed on the back tires regardless of speed. I'm not 100% but that would be my guess.

@Weaverdad09 I checked all three of my vehicles and they all turn the front tires the opposite way when it is rolled on both rear tires, which to me makes perfect sense with my understanding of how the differentials work. Also, when I roll the vehicle on the left tires, the right tires turn the opposite way and same for the right side.

The motor does not spin when doing this unless I push it hard enough/fast enough. A side note is that my Typhon has been shimmed and filled with stock diff oils and my Kraton and Senton have not had anything done to them and are still running stock diff oils.

So to me, based on how my three vehicles behave, yours is perfectly normal and doesn't have any issues.

@slick2500 I am assuming that you are running thicker center differential oil? If so, this could be why yours turns the motor and the front tires in the same direction when pushed on the back tires regardless of speed. I'm not 100% but that would be my guess.

Yeah I'm running 100k in the center diff.
And to tell you the truth I don't remember if mine did that out of the box or not.

I think may have confused you lol. Anyways just need to know since its turning the fronts but not the motor like it usually does that ill need to re do the oil in the center diff?
I feel like if a diff was broken there would be a terrible noise. It probably is hard to tell by just rolling your back tires on the ground because of the slip clutch and everything to keep it from breaking in itself

For diffs I am currently running 60/100/7 front/center/rear. I am going to swap some 50 in the rear and see how it performs.
For my shocks I am running Tekno MT410 shocks in the front with Tekno orange springs TKR6093 and 60 wt Associated shock oil. The rear shocks are stock Arrma shocks with Tekno orange springs TKR6083 and 50wt shock oil. Shocks are perfect except I keep breaking shock pistons on the rear. Going to go for the Tekno MT410 shocks in the rear as well.
Working on mine now too thanks for the input. I took my diffs out and sure enough they were empty. Gonna try your set up i think it shall do me well

Attachments

• 1520530187207993247582.jpg
    1520530187207993247582.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 113
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back