No brakes on Arrma Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlotter

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all,

I just bought a used Granite mega, RTR, black/red with the Tactic transmitter and having some problems.
Everything is fine except for the braking.

When I pull the trigger it drives forward, but when I push, it doesn't stop but rolls and decelerates very slowly.
When I push the trigger again, it reverses.
Is this normal? Is it the ESC? I tried to find an answer but could not find one yet.

Does anyone have the same problem? And what do I have to do to solve it?

Hi all,

I just bought a used Granite mega, RTR, black/red with the Tactic transmitter and having some problems.
Everything is fine except for the braking.

When I pull the trigger it drives forward, but when I push, it doesn't stop but rolls and decelerates very slowly.
When I push the trigger again, it reverses.
Is this normal? Is it the ESC? I tried to find an answer but could not find one yet.

Does anyone have the same problem? And what do I have to do to solve it?
You can try looking in the manual and going into the ESC settings and adjusting the brake strength. Maybe the previous owner turned it all the way down for some reason.

You can try looking in the manual and going into the ESC settings and adjusting the brake strength. Maybe the previous owner turned it all the way down for some reason.

As far as I know, the mega ESC has no other settings options than reverse on/off and Lipo/NiMH.

As far as I know, the mega ESC has no other settings options than reverse on/off and Lipo/NiMH.
Sorry I was looking at the manual for the BLX Granite. You could try setting the endpoints for the remote if it has the ability. I do not have a Granite so I don't know anything about them, just trying to give you some ideas as to what to try.

You could try setting the endpoints for the remote if it has the ability.
Yes, you can set the endpoints on an ttx300 transmitter.
I tried it but unfortunately it wasn't the solution (or I'm doing it wrong).

Do other Arrma vehicles have a normal break that really stops the car? Or make it slide when on dirt etc.

Yes, you can set the endpoints on an ttx300 transmitter.
I tried it but unfortunately it wasn't the solution (or I'm doing it wrong).

Do other Arrma vehicles have a normal break that really stops the car? Or make it slide when on dirt etc.
Those were really the only two ideas that I had. All the Arrma vehicles use the motor to stop the vehicle to my knowledge. You could try a new motor and esc combo. I do not know how much a brushed motor and esc are though or you could always upgrade to brushless if you have the extra money and want to.

I have a Granite Mega and I can assure you that when you brake and turn at speed on most surfaces, the back end comes completely around. Is it possible that your clutch is slipping? Try holding the rear off the ground with the wheels removed and see if there's any braking at all, be careful not to lose the hub pins. Also, make sure the brake jumper (on the ESC, closest to the wires) is set to the left if you are looking at the car from the front. Lastly, try reseting the throttle trim on the controller to zero (factory setting). If none of that works, it may be ESC or controller, simplest was to test to find someone with same truck and bind to their controller, see if problem persists. Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

Is it possible that your clutch is slipping?

I tightened the slipper clutch all the way, but that didn't help.
Is that what you mean?

Try holding the rear off the ground with the wheels removed and see if there's any braking at all, be careful not to lose the hub pins.

There is braking with the car off the ground. With and without wheels . I can't tell how it is without, but with wheels it's not instant, it takes a second.

Also, make sure the brake jumper (on the ESC, closest to the wires) is set to the left if you are looking at the car from the front.

My ESC only has jumpers for reverse on/off and Lipo/NiMH, so I don't really know what you mean here.

Lastly, try reseting the throttle trim on the controller to zero (factory setting).

I did that but unfortunately that also didn't improve braking.

Good luck

Thank you!

Hmm... Just got my boy a Granite and we went out for our first run earlier...

Brakes are very poor indeed. Jumper is definitely in correct location. Will check slipper tomorrow, but seeing as it wheelspins very easily i'd guess the slipper is fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi @Vlotter, I have a Granite Mega. I also have a friend who owns one and he told me that his brakes are poor. So I told him to change the EPA (End Point Adjustment) settings of the Radio. Have you done this already? The default EPA of the TTX300 radio is not set to the maximum, both for the brakes and throttle. Once you set both to max, you will notice better braking and faster speeds. This worked for my friend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back