New shoes on the Nero!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lthlvnm80

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi all,

Just picked up some new shoes for the nero as my factory tires were shot. What do you guys think? Let me know thanks.
IMG_0429.JPG

Nero here as well. Catastrophic tire failure had me looking for new tires early. While picking up parts for the old t-maxx the store had some slightly fatter prolines so I bought four. They looked great, just a bit wider than the originals. This was a no go. They balloon to the point they contact the car. A bit later a different hobby store and a call to proline and I think I got the exact same ones as in the above picture. They work, but they don't absorb the bumps as much as stock and adjustments to the suspension never really performed as well as stock. Finally managed to get one set of stock. While I've mixed and matched all stock is working best for my runs. Thing is, one run and they've come loose from the wheel again. I'm going to have to buy stock in tire glue company.

Currently looking at the SRC belted tires, Sweeps. Anyone try these?

Any one with a nero have a suggestion? What to buy? How to keep them glued to the wheels?

Also I don't know if it's the torque of the motor or some suspension set up but it pulls the one front tire first all the time and that's the tire that is constantly failing. Any of you experience this?

I tried firming up the rear which did help keep the nose down a bit but the vehicle's rear would not stay planted enough over bumps.

Nero here as well. Catastrophic tire failure had me looking for new tires early. While picking up parts for the old t-maxx the store had some slightly fatter prolines so I bought four. They looked great, just a bit wider than the originals. This was a no go. They balloon to the point they contact the car. A bit later a different hobby store and a call to proline and I think I got the exact same ones as in the above picture.

Those aren't Pro-Lines in the first pic, they're Arrma Backflips.

Any one with a nero have a suggestion? What to buy? How to keep them glued to the wheels?

Also I don't know if it's the torque of the motor or some suspension set up but it pulls the one front tire first all the time and that's the tire that is constantly failing. Any of you experience this?

I tried firming up the rear which did help keep the nose down a bit but the vehicle's rear would not stay planted enough over bumps.

Run thicker front diff fluid.

Whoops. Well both sets I tried were proline. Oulaws and trenchers something like that. I'll get it straight once I'm go take a look.

I'll try that fluid change. Thanks.

Also, I knew better than to post before I surfed more; I found a great thread on fixes for the ballooning. Can't wait to try some of those suggestions before buying yet another set of tires.

The tread on those back flips is all but exactly like the proline badlands.
Those tires/wheels are from the arrma outcast stunt truck. They don’t grip on blacktop as well as the stock tires, width makes a difference. This weekend I took my nero through some deep mud and it handled it like a champ. I really like this setup. There is a discount code that allows you to get them for 68 shipped from tower. Look around on the forum or maybe someone else can chime in??

Ps. They balloon very little on 6s.

Cool. I'll look, but I have like 300 bucks or so in tires at this point plus 40 in fishing line. I'm going to try and make that work.

Just to keep the record straight the outlaws have held up great and pretty much don't balloon, but they also had a negative impact on handling.

The originals including an additional set won't stay connected to the wheels.

Trenchers balloon to the point they contact the car itself making them completely unsuitable for the front. I'm about to update the fishing line thing on those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back