Senton New Senton will not work, says temperature protection mode.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayone02

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Purchased a last year senton never been used. Using a brand new Gen Ace 4s lipo 5000mnh 50c plugged the battery in ecu is blinking a red light directions say temperature protection mode. I have no control of senton only thing that works is ecu fan. Bad ecu?

Have you covered the obvious stuff like car battery and radio batteries fully charged?

I would try to re calibrate the radio to the ESC if the obvious stuff checks out.

blinking red is temperature protection mode. This is when the esc hits 95 C and when cooled back down is fine thats whats in the manual. Mine was fine at the start till i started running 6s then i had a few problems that wouldnt stop. I just got a hobbywing max 8 np anymore

Last edited:
Finally got the ecu to stop blinking red but know when the senton to go forward it goes in reverse I have tried reprogramming the ecu see if engine was in reverse mode it's normal. Setting for running mode is in setting one. I have binded the controller several times same thing happens.

I have gone thru ecu setting everything is factory settings and I flipped reverse settings on remote for forward and reverse. Still doing the same thing just reverse plus the red light on ecu ss solid red meaning reverse locked. How to fix?

Finally figured it out the atx100 throttle trim is very sensitive killing the forward function. Plus how the instructions say to put throttle trim in factory setting didn't work for the atx100 controler will be upgrading to something different. Finally my boys face is happy cause the Senton sure does live up to its bashing runs very well.

Same happened to me would go in reverse when i went forward i had to change the esc to motor wires around

What colors on wires for ecu represent what? ground? power?

What colors on wires for ecu represent what? ground? power?

You can switch any two wires on the motor to reverse the direction of the motor. I know it sounds weird, but trust me it works. I believe the ESC pulses the motor for the direction and not a hot, neutral and ground scenario.

So, you did get it all working? Setting the throttle limits usually takes care of those issues, but can be a little finicky to get to work properly.

Ok thanks yes the senton is running very good. I was adjusting the throttle trim it finally took off I still think atx100 transmitter I have is junk be getting something different.

I really like my atx100 transmitter.

Did you ever do the initial radio set up? I believe it's setting the throttle range in the manual.
You put the ESC in program mode by holding the set button while turning it on. Then ESC beeps, pull full throttle, hit set button, go full reverse, hit set button, set neutral range and hit set button. Not sure if that's the correct order, but that the idea.
I have had to reset that many times for different reasons and it has fixed many issues, for me at least.

Glad to hear it's all working and the boy is happy!

Alittle set back senton is running for forward no reverse had to switch motor wires. I have tried a spectrum dx2e same thing happens if I rewire motor wires back to stock goes in reverse switch wires goes forward with no reverse.

I believe you might have the esc in race mode. In race mode you only have forward and brakes, no reverse. You may have to set the esc to normal mode where you would then have forward, brakes and reverse. Have you tried this yet?

Hey there's some good info here...i didn't know that they transmitter trim could cause that type of issue. Will be keeping it in mind for the future!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back