Senton New Senton 4x4 (a "mega" version)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Thoughts guys? This is their new Mega form so the lowest model...
Take a look at it: price is at $240 USD
Senton mega.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how well that brushed motor will work, don't 12 turns heat up quickly and burn out quickly? I mean if this car has an all metal diff, it should be a fairly straight forward upgrade to brushless

I wonder how well that brushed motor will work, don't 12 turns heat up quickly and burn out quickly? I mean if this car has an all metal diff, it should be a fairly straight forward upgrade to brushless
I don’t know but my son has the mega granite and has no problems. Besides he wants to go faster! (8 year old)

The local (outside, free) track is tiny, not very flat and with big air (it's an old BMX track), I'll be getting this just for it. With 2WD traction is an issue, and 1/8 scale (I have a Typhon) is fun but you need to have steel trigger control to not jump from one side of the track to the other.
Plus it looks well built, nice tires too.

Well, if the previous 15T motor from the 1/10 scale mega cars is a cousin of this 12T...I am worried!
On ni-mh batteries they last a few runs. But on 2S they were smoked within 3 packs!

I have a Carson 2800kV brushless motor, which is fine with a 45A brushless Esc. Will not brake the bank, and will be twice as powerful as this 12T motor on 2S. And that is still mild compared to the 1/10 BLX 3800kV on 2S.

That would be my first upgrade!
Next question is will the drivetrain last?

I am expecting a 4x4 BLX version next year for sure. Will it have the plastic axles?
I know the traxxas slash 2wd VLX has plastiv axles, and they hold up pretty well

Hey guys! New here and just browsing the forums. I bought the Senton 4x4 mega last week from my LHS. Cool truck right out of the box but like all of you I'm sure, I wanted more speed. I went with the Kinexsis 4000kv motor and 70 amp ESC combo. Took a few tries to get the ESC tuned correctly to the 5000ma NiMH battery I'm running. Had to turn off the low voltage cutoff which I hear is fine as long as I'm not running lipos. About doubled the speed but I'm worried that I'm gonna burn out the transmission as it's not really built for these speeds (40-45mph) Also, the motor was very hot after the runs (about 20 mins) Any suggestions on battery upgrades and/or ways to keep my motor cooler?

A little bit yes.
If you google you can find the gear ratio numbers and the other info you need but this can help you calculate the top speed of your rc car http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html a lot of good info on this site btw makes for a good read.

Last edited:
Hey guys! New here and just browsing the forums. I bought the Senton 4x4 mega last week from my LHS. Cool truck right out of the box but like all of you I'm sure, I wanted more speed. I went with the Kinexsis 4000kv motor and 70 amp ESC combo. Took a few tries to get the ESC tuned correctly to the 5000ma NiMH battery I'm running. Had to turn off the low voltage cutoff which I hear is fine as long as I'm not running lipos. About doubled the speed but I'm worried that I'm gonna burn out the transmission as it's not really built for these speeds (40-45mph) Also, the motor was very hot after the runs (about 20 mins) Any suggestions on battery upgrades and/or ways to keep my motor cooler?
i too am a new guy here and I just bought this set up for my truck. The oem pinion's set screw was stripped from the factory so I will have to replace it. Did you drop a tooth or 2 and if so how did it work out?

i too am a new guy here and I just bought this set up for my truck. The oem pinion's set screw was stripped from the factory so I will have to replace it. Did you drop a tooth or 2 and if so how did it work out?
Nope. Been running the same stock pinion and spur gear. Seems to be working ok for now. I am replacing the servo though. After several runs, the plastic teeth just get chewed off of the gears. O well

20180105_171046.jpg
This is a great truck, honeycomb chassis for strength and 3 minute motor removal. Great design.

Slick, the front bumper is an add-on mod that I designed and mounted on the original bumper using 1/2" ID Drip System tubing. It adds extra protection to the original bash bumper and also protects the front end parts.

20180106_223538.jpg
20180102_175216.jpg
20180106_224021.jpg
20180106_224153.jpg
20180106_224459.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back