Kraton New batteries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83N

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've been using a few Turnigy 3.6 30C (50C burst) 4S batteries that I had left over after selling my buggy. I got pretty good performance but was experiencing some heat issues on my motor, ESC and battery. It turns out the problem was using a too-low discharge battery (should be min. 45C) and it could have gone pop at any time.

Well, these bad boys have just arrived and are currently charging. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked...

Attachments

• IMG_6005.JPG
    IMG_6005.JPG
    472 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I'd been really happy with the performance of my Kraton on good batteries (Replaced my 3.6 batteries with a 3.0 Turnigy Graphene 65C 4S) and hadn't thought that 6S would give me anything over and above what I already have ... but wow. Holy $h!t.

Seriously - you guys that use 6S power regularly know this - it's so addictive. And anxiety inducing. I feel like I've been corrupted and this is going to get expensive...

Last edited:
Top tip - thanks @typhon34 .

Because LiHv's can charge to 4.35v per cell (vs. LiPo @ 4.2v per cell) Have you taken advantage of this yet? Was there an appreciable difference between the Basher and an equivalent LiPo?

That basher 6s is just a normal lipo and 25v is a pretty big jump from 16v anyway...
But no, i haven't bought any lihv yet.
I usually run 4s for a few packs and if i haven't broken anything i chuck in the 6... Then i break something :p haha..

Apologies - I saw the header on this page and assumed the 6S was LiHV, too!

I'm now 100% glad I didn't over-charge my new packs... 0_o

I've been using a few Turnigy 3.6 30C (50C burst) 4S batteries that I had left over after selling my buggy. I got pretty good performance but was experiencing some heat issues on my motor, ESC and battery. It turns out the problem was using a too-low discharge battery (should be min. 45C) and it could have gone pop at any time.

Well, these bad boys have just arrived and are currently charging. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked...
Let me know how they hold up I've had my eyes on these bad boys since Typhon34 put me on to them. Nice light weight and grunty :D

Minimum recommended mah is 5000, and 35c. The formula is (mah X C) / 1000 =Amps. So the minimum spec will handle 175 amps load. With those you should be OK, ends up with 180amp load since 45c, but the 4000mah will drain fast. I use 5000mah and 50c minimum. I have seen data logs show spikes over 180 amps when I was running 15t pinion in my Kraton. It would overheat though, and now my max peak on amps is in the 160 range on 13t pinion.

Minimum recommended mah is 5000, and 35c. The formula is (mah X C) / 1000 =Amps. So the minimum spec will handle 175 amps load. With those you should be OK, ends up with 180amp load since 45c, but the 4000mah will drain fast. I use 5000mah and 50c minimum. I have seen data logs show spikes over 180 amps when I was running 15t pinion in my Kraton. It would overheat though, and now my max peak on amps is in the 160 range on 13t pinion.
Sounds good and very informative !!
Was the ESC hitting temperature protection mode?
I ran a 6000mah 6s 65c / 130c burst Brick with a 16 tooth and she loved it big time and wanted more :wideyed: The only time it hit protection mode was in 35 degree heat. Mad lipo but the weight and run time breaks something every time I dare to strap it in. Love it :stig: !!!!

Yes, my MMX ESC was hitting thermal protection 240F. I hope you mean 35C heat! I live in Florida where the air temp is 80F even in the "winter". I should also mention I run Backflip tires.

While the run time may be shorter with the BASHER Batteries, the light weight factor is the payoff. I have some big 3S packs that I double up for 6S. They run forever, especially in a skate park or somewhere, where I am not doing 150Yd full throttle passes. But the added weight is tough on the car when landing from 15 - 20 feet. I'm grabbing 2 of these as my next RC purchase.

I get 15-20min out of the basher in my kraton. 14t with backflips and no heat problems.

Only time i had heat issues was summer... Running the car in 37c is not such a great idea... Even if it doesn't see all that hot :p

I get at least 12 minutes from the Turnigy Basher, but possibly longer, with my Typhon. Had to get back to work!
It fits perfectly in the Outcast tray, too. With the 14T pinion, it wheelies, every time I hit full throttle.
Thanks 83N, for sharing this product's existence.
20170816_112924.jpg

20170816_112937.jpg

2 separate runs, 1@4min and 1@3 min, LIPO is only down to 4.02V per cell. Seems good, so far...

Still BACK ORDERED!!!! ugh.. Some A-hole has one on Ebay for $88. that is $30 higher than Hobby king charges. I guess I am waiting a while longer.

Still BACK ORDERED!!!! ugh.. Some A-hole has one on Ebay for $88. that is $30 higher than Hobby king charges. I guess I am waiting a while longer.
lol, I bought that one anyway... HK seemed like a good deal to me, but at checkout, shipping was a deal breaker. IIRC, it was going to end up being about 10 bucks less. YMMV
HK shiprape.JPG

P.S. No affiliation with eBay seller

Last edited:
got an email last week that they are in stock again, if you need to buy from HKing...
About 12.5 minutes of speeding around and jumping and the battery still had more to go...
20170826_172602.jpg

20170826_172653.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back