Nero bearing kit Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@FastEddy has gone silent so I gues not? My avids came in and they work fine.
Avid doesn't have a sealed 6x19x6 available on their site. I would have to buy from multiple suppliers.

Fasteddy's kit issue isn't bearing quality. From what I've read, they are great bearings. There is just a size issue that I'm uncertain can be easily resolved in the aftermarket. (11.9mm is not a common size)

It is also possible the axle is undersized.

I'd be happy to buy the full fasteddy sealed kit in one swoop. I just want to be sure once I do, I am buying a kit that is 100%.

@FastEddy has gone silent so I gues not? My avids came in and they work fine.

Arrma Forum is just one of the many RC forums and I know @FastEddy is pretty busy. I assure you he has not gone silent or trying to ignore anyone. At the most he's working to get this resolved and at the very least he's busy. Add in that the holiday week is just around the corner I'm sure everyone is a little busier now than normal.

If it's a dire need, then you do realize you could call or email him?!

I'd be happy to buy the full fasteddy sealed kit in one swoop. I just want to be sure once I do, I am buying a kit that is 100%.

Size issue aside, I believe the bearing kit is complete now. If you're uncertain I'd email him!

Nothing wrong with the fast eddy kit. Just buy the kit and 4 bearings from avid. Could just have been a bad batch of that size bearing.A 10 dollar caliper could be off as well lol.

Tried email. they said they would handle the issue in the forum.

Figured they would at least shoot me the two bearings that were missing seeing as I bought a bearing kit. Oh well.....

Y
Nothing wrong with the fast eddy kit. Just buy the kit and 4 bearings from avid. Could just have been a bad batch of that size bearing.A 10 dollar caliper could be off as well lol.
Tried email. they said they would handle the issue in the forum.

Figured they would at least shoot me the two bearings that were missing seeing as I bought a bearing kit. Oh well.....

True that Napalm, ive been think the same thing!o_OIve just been holding my tongue.

My original post commenting on the missing bearings was deleted for some reason.:confused:

My original post commenting on the missing bearings was deleted for some reason.:confused:
I don't know why you keep saying a post was deleted when it clearly was NOT deleted. Your post is right here - in this exact thread. There was one change and one change only, I took the posts from the Nero forum and MOVED them here, nothing was deleted.

If you have something additional to say, than say it. But whatever the case, relax we're not deleting posts.

Hold up everyone relax, this is my first time I've mentioned that my post disappeared. I must of check it around the same time it was being moved, because it wasn't there the day after i wrote it. I was not emplying anything, So please chillax, drama free zone!

Last edited:
Anything Fasteddy? We are fixing the issue? We are working on it? Tough crap deal with it? Anything?

Anything Fasteddy? We are fixing the issue? We are working on it? Tough crap deal with it? Anything?
Eddy did send me a text message right before I left to go see family out of town for Thanksgiving. He told me the hub bearings are correct in the kit and he's trying to get a hold of a Nero himself so he can further diagnose the issue.

So hopefully he'll track one down soon and we can find out what the issue is here. Anyone want to send him your Nero to help with the cause? :D ;)

Eddy did send me a text message right before I left to go see family out of town for Thanksgiving. He told me the hub bearings are correct in the kit and he's trying to get a hold of a Nero himself so he can further diagnose the issue.

So hopefully he'll track one down soon and we can find out what the issue is here. Anyone want to send him your Nero to help with the cause? :D ;)

I bought a Fasteddy kit to answer the questions myself and for everyone else. It will be here Tuesday ish, and I will share my findings by the weekend for everyone.

Thank you Havoc. Can't wait for some sort of outside input and ideas. Helps the problem solving along.

Worst thing a company can do is go silent. Lets us draw our own conclusions.

Ok, so on my kit, I haven't noticed any excessive play. I did see some wiggling with the bearing inside the hub and not so much as the axle in the bearing, but it was the same amount with the stock bearing.

There is a few spots that you can aquire slop, between the pillow balls and even the wheel adapter. I've noticed slop from all of those, but not so much from the bearing kit. everything felt as it should.

Yeah, I kept swapping and swapping and narrowed it down to 3 of the wheel bearings giving me trouble. Just got a few bad ones I guess. Three bucks isnt a bad loss. Good customer service goes a long way but seems non-existent with this company. Thanks for the input Havoc.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if I should go with avid or fast eddy. I've had avid on my slash but I've never tried fast eddy

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if I should go with avid or fast eddy. I've had avid on my slash but I've never tried fast eddy

Both @FastEddy and Avid offer great bearings. The best advice I can give would be to find the best price between the two and go with it.

That said I'm a bit biased, not only does FastEddy sponsor ArrmaForum as a vendor but I've known Eddy for many years and the last dozen or so RC's I've owned have all had FastEddy bearings in them and unless Eddy decides to just start selling crap for the heck of it, then I don't see me buying any other brand.

That's my two cents. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back