Talion Near impossible to remove tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Ok so I just got the Talion last week, only drove it a couple times. Just now I attempted to remove the tires and I'm finding it real hard to get them off. Took the nut off and thought they would just slide off like every other RC iv had, but these are stubborn. I managed to get one off but that's it. Is there a trick with these or are they just real tight fit?

Ok so I just got the Talion last week, only drove it a couple times. Just now I attempted to remove the tires and I'm finding it real hard to get them off. Took the nut off and thought they would just slide off like every other RC iv had, but these are stubborn. I managed to get one off but that's it. Is there a trick with these or are they just real tight fit?

Same thing happens to me after almost a year of ownership

Just wobble them side to side and don't be afraid to give them a few whacks to get them loose. You'll get the hang of it after a few times.

Same thing happens to me after almost a year of ownership

Just wobble them side to side and don't be afraid to give them a few whacks to get them loose. You'll get the hang of it after a few times.

Thanks I'll give that a shot later today

Hi Talion SWB, Had the same issue with my Typhon when it was new. Others suggested to basically beat them off but that didn`t even work. I pushed, pulled, and pried but no luck. Put a heat gun to the hub area and they fell right off in less than 10 seconds with the heat gun. After the first time I`ve not had to use the heat gun again.

Hi Talion SWB, Had the same issue with my Typhon when it was new. Others suggested to basically beat them off but that didn`t even work. I pushed, pulled, and pried but no luck. Put a heat gun to the hub area and they fell right off in less than 10 seconds with the heat gun. After the first time I`ve not had to use the heat gun again.

Thanks I'll give that a try!

Hi Jeff K

It sure is a headache fighting with the wheels everytime I need to get them off, I'll give the heatgun method a try next time I remove them. Thanks for the tip

You guys need to get a dremel and make the center hole bigger! I do this every time I get new wheels. Never have problems again. Just don't take too much material off.

Mine are tight I put my thumb on the hub and push in while pulling out on the wheel. They pop right off.

I would use a body hole reamer before I used a Dremel on the hole in my wheels, way to easy to make the holes out of round.

Does not matter if they are not perfectly round....
They ride on the hex.
Exactly. That's why I just use a 1/2" drill bit to drill out the hole in the wheel and create extra room. The only purpose of that hole is to allow the shaft of the hub through for the nut to screw onto. The drill bit is way faster and easier than a file or Dremel but everybody has their preferences.

Exactly. That's why I just use a 1/2" drill bit to drill out the hole in the wheel and create extra room. The only purpose of that hole is to allow the shaft of the hub through for the nut to screw onto. The drill bit is way faster and easier than a file or Dremel but everybody has their preferences.
Thank you chevys.
I am talking about removing just a little material.

Thank you chevys.
I am talking about removing just a little material.
I should say I believe it's a 1/2" drill bit that I use. I am at work right now and am unsure of the size. It removes like 1/16" from the hole in the wheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back