Senton My twisted senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeesterC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Hello guys and gals. Well, I've had my senton for about 3 months now and I have learned way more than I anticipated in such a short time. I've learned to run proper batteries, run low c rated batteries and one let go and burned my rig. I've learned having better tires improves over all handling, jumping, landing and flying thru the air........lol. I've learned that I don't need 6s to get power, geared it up and run higher c rated 2s does much better plus batteries are cheaper. Anyways, when I bought my senton I was really wanting a kraton but my lhs was out of stock so I settled for the senton. Long story short I have been collecting parts for the kraton while waiting for it to come back in stock and waiting and waiting.

Well, I had my senton in front of me the other night and got curious, thought to myself I bet these parts will work on this. Low and behold about three hours later I had replaced the stock motor and esc with the castle mama v2 2200kv motor and esc, all control arms with rpm kraton control arms, all driveshaft with kraton shafts, all turnbuckles with kraton turnbuckles and now I believe I have a beast and the ultimate bashing rig. Will something break? I hope so because I'm gonna bash it like its 1999.......lol. The only part that has held me up is I have to come up with some way to move the tops of my shocks outward without replacing the shock towers. I want to keep the senton towers because I have them setup to accommodate any slash body, more choices......lol. Flame me, poke fun of me, call me names, I don't care, I think this looks friggin awesome and I can't wait to see how well it flies on the jumps..........lol.

Run down of mods done:
  • Fast Eddie bearings
  • RPM kraton front a-arms
  • RPM kraton rear a-arms
  • RPM kraton front bumper
  • Kraton turnbuckles
  • Kraton driveshaft
  • Castle mamba v2 with ecs
  • 14t pinion
  • Savox 1230 servo
  • Badland 3.8
  • Proline vw Baja body
  • Stock rear bumper removed for clearance
20170630_225211.jpg

20170630_225146.jpg

20170630_225111.jpg

20170630_233159.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you've had just a little bit of fun with your Arrma Senton @MeesterC ;)
You think? I've had my ups and downs with it but hope to have way more fun with it now. What do you call a senton with kraton parts anyways? Saton? Lol

Can u post some video footage of it jumping and maybe a speed run?

looking forward to seeing your results!

I am really disappointed with how my Senton performs and sadly regret buying it now.

Maybe after seeing your mods in action it will give me motivation to stick with the Senton and start using it again.

Can u post some video footage of it jumping and maybe a speed run?

looking forward to seeing your results!

I am really disappointed with how my Senton performs and sadly regret buying it now.

Maybe after seeing your mods in action it will give me motivation to stick with the Senton and start using it again.
I was a little disappointed with mine at first, then I put the 16 tooth pinion in because I only run 2 2s in it and then went with some bigger tires. Ran a whole lot better. Also you can tweak the esc for more punch and stuff. I'll try and get some video up in the next couple of days. Not really sure how it will do on jumps, haven't tuned it for them yet, been raining a lot here in Georgia......

I've had my Senton since Feb. .. ive let a total noob to rc drive and wreck it a million times.. ive let total kids drive it on 6s ( with me on throttle ).. and even had a baby.. maybe 1-2 yr old sit on it.. all stock OEM and only thing that has happened has been a blown tire..Bought some new OEM tires and she's been fine.. (oh well and my terrible glue job incident or 6s and tire glue don't like each other ) I see a lot of people upgrade and do this or that.. but that's just not my cup of tea.. I believe in cars were made for a reason.. You drive them until they break and then you replace and upgrade.. useless to me to take off brand new parts and lose them in some bin .. and i've seen a lot of people knock on the Senton oem tires.. Where i live on the asphalt.. they hook up nicely also in dry dirt and grass.. so what's not to love about that.. and of course To each their own on how they play with their toys.. i suppose being in the hobby since the 80s.. i'm a bit set in my ways.

I've had my Senton since Feb. .. ive let a total noob to rc drive and wreck it a million times.. ive let total kids drive it on 6s ( with me on throttle ).. and even had a baby.. maybe 1-2 yr old sit on it.. all stock OEM and only thing that has happened has been a blown tire..Bought some new OEM tires and she's been fine.. (oh well and my terrible glue job incident or 6s and tire glue don't like each other ) I see a lot of people upgrade and do this or that.. but that's just not my cup of tea.. I believe in cars were made for a reason.. You drive them until they break and then you replace and upgrade.. useless to me to take off brand new parts and lose them in some bin .. and i've seen a lot of people knock on the Senton oem tires.. Where i live on the asphalt.. they hook up nicely also in dry dirt and grass.. so what's not to love about that.. and of course To each their own on how they play with their toys.. i suppose being in the hobby since the 80s.. i'm a bit set in my ways.
I totally agree with the if it isn't broken don't mess with it rule and normally follow it but sometimes curiosity gets the better of me.....lol. it's just that I had been wanting a kraton for a while and had accumulated several upgrades for one after reading thru the forums as to what breaks and what people were breaking.....lol. Just to see if it was possible to put the parts on. I now have a kraton and will probably here in the near future restore the senton to it's original condition and use it for the trails. I only upgrade as things get broken or wear out, other than this I keep my cars stock, I also see no need in higher speeds or heavy modifications. For the most part these rigs are fantastic straight out of the box and very durable.

Hey Schuss,
Sounds like you were lucky enough to purchase the (V2) Senton 6s BLX which has the (185) BLX ESC available in USA,
In comparison to the white and red Senton 6S BLX which unfortunately has the (180) BLX ESC available in Australia.

The 180 ESC is a total piece of junk as it keeps on cutting out and loses signal.

I really do agree with you 100% on not replacing new parts until it's broke.
But when I can't drive more than 5-10seconds without the ESC cutting out and turning on again, it's sadly made me regret choosing to jump ship from traxxas to Arrma.

I've already had the 180 ESC replaced with another 180 ESC and that did not fix the problem.

The time it took to travel to local hobby store and have them look at it, then send off the 180, then wait weeks for replacement 180, resulted in the 3month warranty expiring so now I can't do anything about getting the ESC replaced!

so as my friends take out their other brands of rc trucks and tear up the trails, my $750 Senton sits in the shed gathering dust lol.

Lesson learn I shouldve done my research on the reliability of the red 180 BLX ESC prior to buying it

Hey Schuss,
Sounds like you were lucky enough to purchase the (V2) Senton 6s BLX which has the (185) BLX ESC available in USA,
In comparison to the white and red Senton 6S BLX which unfortunately has the (180) BLX ESC available in Australia.

The 180 ESC is a total piece of junk as it keeps on cutting out and loses signal.

But when I can't drive more than 5-10seconds without the ESC cutting out and turning on again, it's sadly made me regret choosing to jump ship from traxxas to Arrma.

I've already had the 180 ESC replaced with another 180 ESC and that did not fix the problem.

The time it took to travel to local hobby store and have them look at it, then send off the 180, then wait weeks for replacement 180, resulted in the 3month warranty expiring so now I can't do anything about getting the ESC replaced!

so as my friends take out their other brands of rc trucks and tear up the trails, my $750 Senton sits in the shed gathering dust lol.

Lesson learn I shouldve done my research on the reliability of the red 180 BLX ESC prior to buying it
Sorry to hear about your senton. I was on the other side before I purchased mine, meaning I had a traxxas that broke every time and I mean every time I took it out. After upgrading it the motor wasn't strong enough to push it like it did before without all the extra weight. Then I purchased a helion select four sc10 which to my surprise is a hobby town brand. It also broke every time I took it out so that's how I came upon my senton. For the short time that I have owned it and all the reading about it I have also learned that there is a V1 and a V2. The first version as I gather was very problematic and arrma corrected all this with the second version, only the electronics were the problem in version one.
Do you have any choices with yours? Can you not put a different motor and esc in it? Other than the electronics arrma didn't change anything. Maybe try eBay or something for the newer electronics? I love mine and have only broken a lower a-arm due to wide open throttle and hitting a steel picnic table......lol. Maybe do a leopard or mamba, motor and esc?

Hey Schuss,

I also have V1 Arrmas and two of the BLX180's - and both did exactly what you say. The issue was (silly enough) the cheap POS fake Deans connector. Once I swapped it for a XT90, my BLX180's never cut out again.

I only have one BLX180 left, in the bottom of my toolbox. My Typhon now runs a Toro 150 and my Kraton a BLX200. Ditch the BLX180 and your RC will make you grin again.

Hello guys and gals. Well, I've had my senton for about 3 months now and I have learned way more than I anticipated in such a short time. I've learned to run proper batteries, run low c rated batteries and one let go and burned my rig. I've learned having better tires improves over all handling, jumping, landing and flying thru the air........lol. I've learned that I don't need 6s to get power, geared it up and run higher c rated 2s does much better plus batteries are cheaper. Anyways, when I bought my senton I was really wanting a kraton but my lhs was out of stock so I settled for the senton. Long story short I have been collecting parts for the kraton while waiting for it to come back in stock and waiting and waiting.

Well, I had my senton in front of me the other night and got curious, thought to myself I bet these parts will work on this. Low and behold about three hours later I had replaced the stock motor and esc with the castle mama v2 2200kv motor and esc, all control arms with rpm kraton control arms, all driveshaft with kraton shafts, all turnbuckles with kraton turnbuckles and now I believe I have a beast and the ultimate bashing rig. Will something break? I hope so because I'm gonna bash it like its 1999.......lol. The only part that has held me up is I have to come up with some way to move the tops of my shocks outward without replacing the shock towers. I want to keep the senton towers because I have them setup to accommodate any slash body, more choices......lol. Flame me, poke fun of me, call me names, I don't care, I think this looks friggin awesome and I can't wait to see how well it flies on the jumps..........lol.

Run down of mods done:
  • Fast Eddie bearings
  • RPM kraton front a-arms
  • RPM kraton rear a-arms
  • RPM kraton front bumper
  • Kraton turnbuckles
  • Kraton driveshaft
  • Castle mamba v2 with ecs
  • 14t pinion
  • Savox 1230 servo
  • Badland 3.8
  • Proline vw Baja body
  • Stock rear bumper removed for clearance
View attachment 10832
View attachment 10833
View attachment 10834
View attachment 10835
I did the same thing with my 3s

Attachments

• 20190604_163604.jpg
    20190604_163604.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back