My Mega Raider build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2141.JPG
STRC steering knuckles in blue were my latest upgrade! And I tore apart my shocks and put new oil in them too!!

View attachment 2899 I had these tie rods for a while. Decided the plastic ones prob had some more give to them and may be more forgiving so I held off.

Was tinkering around tonight and decided to finally put them on. We'll see how it goes.
What are these tie rods from? Im looking to make mine adjustable for circle track.

Got up to 55 degrees today. Gettin the spring fever. Charged my batteries tonight and started surfing the Tower site. Now I know why summer costs more than winter. Lol

Got up to 55 degrees today. Gettin the spring fever. Charged my batteries tonight and started surfing the Tower site. Now I know why summer costs more than winter. Lol

I'll be RC'ing in triple digits soon enough.
Was in the 90's last Sunday, I wear a stupid hat from Mazatlan in the sun on those temps.
I feel compelled to remind everyone, "the hat is functional, not a fashion statement..."

Last edited:
I'll be RC'ing in triple digits soon enough.
Was in the 90's last Sunday, I wear a stupid hat from Mazatlan in the sun on those temps.
I feel compelled to remind everyone, "the hat is functional, not a fashion statement..."

We worry about the plastic getting brittle in the cold....... you have to worry about em melting. Lol

We worry about the plastic getting brittle in the cold....... you have to worry about em melting. Lol
I have seen some amazing RC videos of running the snow with paddle tires.
Although, this sun-state RC-er would need some brandy/anti-freeze to do it

IMG_2474.JPG

Got me some more STRC bling with some rear hub carriers. Put some new tie rods in the rear too to replace the plastics!! Had the tie rods for months, finally got the rest of the ends I needed!
At the same time, put a less worn axle drive cup in. We'll see how long it lasts!

View attachment 9071
Got me some more STRC bling with some rear hub carriers. Put some new tie rods in the rear too to replace the plastics!! Had the tie rods for months, finally got the rest of the ends I needed!
At the same time, put a less worn axle drive cup in. We'll see how long it lasts!

Woo-wee! Lookit those Patriotic colors under the skirt of that Raider!

Woo-wee! Lookit those Patriotic colors under the skirt of that Raider!

Thanks..... I'd love to get the new Raider body in Red/Blue. $30 is a bit much for that little body if you ask me. Baby blue it is for now!!

Just wondering...... is it always the left rear that gets torn up on yours too?

Thanks..... I'd love to get the new Raider body in Red/Blue. $30 is a bit much for that little body if you ask me. Baby blue it is for now!!

Just wondering...... is it always the left rear that gets torn up on yours too?
Short answer; yes, on both Raider and a Vorteks.
I dropped in some 5000 diff oil about 2 moths ago into both of them.
I'm curious to see if the wear pattern remains the same or evens out.
I've a strong suspicion it will even out, as I have noticed considerable handling improvement on really hard acceleration.
Before, both pushed to the right, now with power more evenly distributed between the drive wheels, they are not as squirrelly.

IMG_2824.JPG

Got this body a while ago (waited it out til it was $6 bucks on eBay) but here she is with her 2016 colors! Matches the STRC hop ups a little better too!! :D

Lookin' sharp @Rdub !
Much sharper than mine.
My Raider is gouged all over from road-rash, unintentional cartwheels jumps and wheelies.
The wheelie bar saved me from having to replace the rear motor cage... Again... :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back